5.

Excuse any mistakes, I ain't perfect.

It was the day after the club, Nae woke up to her head pounding and loud constant knocking on her front door.

Letting out a groan, she took a sit from the half empty water bottle that sat on the bedside table before finally getting up to open the door.

The second the door cracked open, Keem, Rj, Dajah, Marquis, Javon and a slim thick brownskin with chocolate brown hair that complimented her skin followed after them, bum rushed her into her own home.

"Damn girl, where you been? We been at your door for damn near 15 minutes!" Dajah exclaimed as the rest all went to sit on her couch and the unidentified brownskin went straight to Javon's lap.

"4 pm and you ain't even washed the dry spit off yo face." Marquis chuckled and shook his face as the rest laughed with him. Nae scrunched her face and let out a huff as she stormed off to the bedroom.

"Why are they even here? " She thought to herself as she got into a change of clothes and did her hygiene routine, now coming back into the living room seeing the boys about to start smoking.

"If y'all gon smoke then do it outside, I ain't tryna hear my neighbors mouth talm bout 'the vents smell like marijuana'" Nae complained and shook her head, recalling the time when she first moved in, she would always receive complaints from fellow tenants, but over time just learned how to live while walking on eggshells with them, she knew she wanted to move soon but she had to work with what she had at the moment.

All of them just sucked their teeth and stood up to walk out to the porch, leaving her, Dajah, and the brownskin that came in with them.

"What's your name beautiful? Ain't nun, i just ain't tryna have anybody come up in here." Nae asked

The girl just smiled and shook her head dismissively. "it's cool, im Simone, Javon's girlfriend." She shrugged.

Nae raised her eyebrows and tilted her head. "I ain't know he had a girlfriend.."

Simone scrunched her face up and raised an eyebrow suspiciously. "Why? He ain't mention me or something?"

"Oh, nah it ain't that, I just don't know him like that, I barely met him last week." Nae shrugged and watched Simone's body language ease up in relief.

"Trust me, he mentions you." Dajah reassured and chuckled softly.

"All the damn time." Marquis continued as he walked back inside towards the kicthen to raid the pantry as Simone smiled and rolled her eyes playfully. The rest of them started to trickle back inside but the only person who remained outside was Rj. Nae took this as her chance to finally talk to him since she never had the opportunity to since they came in.

She sighed to herself before making her way out towards the porch, seeing him leaning against the railing with a blunt between his lips as he looked out towards the view of Houston she had from her apartment.

"Rj.." Nae called out to him, making him snap his head and raise his eyebrow towards her without saying anything.

Nae waited a few seconds before saying anything because she thought he was going to verbally answer her but he never did. She let out a soft sigh before finally speaking up again.

"I'm just tryna say thanks for bringing me me home even though you really, really didn't need to." She shrugged slightly waiting for his answer.

Rj stayed silent for a moment just staring at her before looking back out towards the view and blowing out smoke. "Ain't nun." He shrugged.

The moment was quiet and awkward for some seconds before nae simply sighed and nodded before walking back in and sitting down with the rest. She was never one for awkward silence so when Rj wasn't giving back the energy she was giving out, she sensed that her presence wasn't really wanted.

"Wassup with you?" Dajah peeped how Nae plopped down on the couch next to her, she knew something was bothering her but she had only got her less than an hour ago so she could only assume.

Nae rolled her eyes and sighed. "I'm over here tryna tell the nigga thank you and he ain't giving no typa energy, didn't even say thank you." Nae scoffed. She knew Rj was not one of many words but she thought that since they had spent so much time around each other working together and having the same friends, he would at least give her a full sentence. Even though the nights before was a blurry memory to her, she remembered Rj giving her somewhat full sentences on the ride home so the change in attitude was taking her my surprise and confusing her at the same time.

"Don't even matter anyways, if he tryna be like that then fine, i ain't gon force a conversation out of him." Nae shrugged

"Don't worry about it, it ain't you." Javon come in, reassuring her that she didn't do anything. He knew how Rj was when it came to know company or really in general.

"Yeah, he get like that around pretty girls." Marquis smirked and licked his lips at Nae then winked at Dajah. Both of them sucked their teeth and rolled their eyes as Keem smacked him on the side of his head "Fuck is wrong wit you yo?"

"You know his ass would stick it in anything warm." Mari chuckled and shook his head. Everyone knew how Marquis Got around, he was well known and he himself knew that but did he care? Nope. He thought it was all good credit to his name since the only thing people ever heard about him were from one night stands telling how he beat their doonies down good. He knew it boosted his confidence and filled his ego so he couldn't care one bit.

"Ion care, if that's how he's gonna be, then fine. I ain't gon carve my name into his life when I don't even know him like that anywyas" Nae shrugged just as Rj walked back in and sat back down on the couch reeking of weed with low red eyes.

"What y'all came here for anyways? Done woke me up out my sleep to stress me out" Nae questioned and scanned the room.

"What? We can't see our favorite alcoholic stripper every now and then?" Marquis teased and the others laughed a a bit while Nae just rolled her eyes. She hated to admit it but whenever she went out, it was almost like a task for her to get sloppy drunk, she beloved that if she was there to have fun then that's what she was going to do, no shame of judgment.

"Yall need to chill on me. if I came to have a good time then best believe a good time is gonna be had." Nae shrugged and Dajah high fives her and smiled "Amen." They laughed and Simone laughed a bit with them.

Hey y'all. Short chapter ik. 😒
Got kinda bored writing this because I hate how in the first chapters, literally nothing happens but at the same time I dont wanna rush anything either.

Just a lil filler chapter anyways so it's nothing.

Vote for the next chapter

Wc. 1240

Till next chapter🪼