6.

Excuse any mistakes, I ain't perfect.

"Hot fries or takis..." Nae spoke to herself standing in the chips aisle at her local gas station. She had originally came to fill her tank since it was almost on E but she was craving something spicy so why not.

"Maybe dinamitas... nah they don't have no typa spice anyways." She chuckled before looking up and around feeling a set of eyes on her. Brushing it off, she grabbed the bag of takis and made her way towards the counter to check out.

"Is that gonna be all for you today?" The cashier spoke up while scanning the bag of chips.

"Can I get $20 on 10?" She asked as she pulled her card out of her wallet about to hand it to the cashier before feeling someone come up from behind her. "I got it."

Looking over her shoulder, she saw a tall muscular lightskin man with tattoos that ran up his arms passing under his t-shirt to the rim of his neck.

"You really don't have too. I can pay for my own stuff." Nae shrugged waving her credit card about to swipe it but the man just held her wrist back and handed the cashier a hundred dollar bill and told him to keep the change. "Don't worry Ms. Independent, i gotchu. It's nuffin." The man shrugged and grabbed the bag of chips before handing it to Nae and smirked. "Lemme walk you ma."

"I'm good" Nae smiled softly, she hated to admit the man was really attractive, most of the time she wasn't a fan of lightskins, but she could make an exception for him, especially when he was so generous to pay for her gas.

"Good, but i ain't asking." He retorted and walked over to hold the door open for her, giving her no choice but to let him walk her to her car. Nae simply smiled and let out a soft giggle as she brushed past him out the door towards her car while he walked besides her before going over to pump her gas and Nae leaned against the car looking at him.

"Thanks, you ain't have to do all that for lil ole me." She said with a soft blush. "It's nun ma, what yo name is.. cuz you lookin real familiar not gonna lie."

Nae shrugged and looked to the side thinking he might've seen her at the club. "I must got one of those faces. My name Monae, what about you?"

"Bk, but you can call me Bakari."
Bakari said looking her up and down, scanning her body in the cropped tank top and grey sweatpants she had on.  Even thought she thought she looked basic today, he thought she was the baddest thing on the block and he wasn't gonna spend any time getting to know her.

"Say.. where you work at shorty?" The question made Nae raise an eyebrow, she was a very observant person and was quick to get skeptical when it came to questions like those. Her past experiences in life made her the the mindful person she was today and she knew when to be on guard when it came to her personal life.

"Why you wanna know?" She questioned, crossing her arms and leaning onto her hip.

"A nigga can't be curious?" He chuckled as he put the pump back into the holder and closed the opening to her tank and just looked at her.

"I'm a dancer." She simplified.

"A dancer? What typa dancing you do?" He scrunched his face in confusion, she didn't look like the dancing type, atleast not the dancing she was thinking of.

"Pole dancing." She smirked waiting for his reaction. Whenever anybody she told would put two and two together, the reactions weren't always the best, but she knew what it was. In highschool she would always tell herself that becoming a stripper would be the bottom of the barrel for her.

She knew not everyone would approve of her line of work but that didn't matter to her, she was making more money than the anybody who had opinions about it anyways. She knew at the end of the day she could drive her blacked out Kia K5 to her luxury apartment on the nice side of town, and she'd be dammed if someone who couldn't pay one of her bills had an opinion on the way she earned her lifestyle.