𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰

Peacekeepers stand by our sides, guns in their hands as we push through the thick crowd who are all craning their heads and waving with excitement. I glance back at them all for a moment, almost hypnotised by them before facing ahead again. We're being escorted towards a towering building which is stacked with many floors. It's completely sleek and modern, showing no signs of erosion. Just like everything else in this city.

"Here is where you'll be living for the next two weeks. Here at the tribute center, you have just about everything you need to prepare for the games!" Jade announces, seeming pleased to be back in the Capitol rather than being stuck wrinkling her nose in District 4 at how run down everything seems. "Ah, but first it's time for the best part! The remake center is where you'll be preparing for the tribute parades! Isn't that exciting?" She continues. She might as well be talking to a brick wall as she doesn't get much of a response.

As we reach the doors to the Remake Center which is situated on the ground floor, Finnick turns to both of us.
"I'll see you both before the parade begins. Remember, do as they say." He reminds us and we reluctantly oblige, not voicing our complaints. Finnick gives my hair a ruffle before walking off with Jade, leaving us in the hands of the two peacekeepers who lead us inside.

Before I can even say anything, I've already had my dress taken from me and am sitting on some kind of table in a paper gown. Two stylists enter, almost blinding me with their appearances. Aquarius, a woman who seems to have prosthetic fish scales and sky blue hair appears gleeful as she picks up some kind of shower hose, testing the temperature.
"We got the Odair girl! Isn't this great?" She says to her fellow stylist who begins to help her wash my limbs and hair. Of course that's all they care about.

It doesn't take long for the worst part to begin. They begin layering wax strips onto my arms and legs and I brace myself for what's to come. In one sharp swoop, the strips are pulled from me, uprooting my hair and what feels like is the first layer of my skin. I wince, trying not to grunt and bite my tongue. I didn't even get a warning. Topaz, another woman with hair that seems to be made of strings of gold, looks me up and down for a moment.
"Do they seriously not have waxing treatment in the districts? That's barbaric! You poor thing." She says, her posh Capitol accent coming through.

"Yeah, definitely..." I mutter, trying to give some kind of response but hold back sarcasm at the same time. I know the next two weeks will be full of moments where I'll have to hold my tongue. The two stylists continue to surround me, picking away at my eyebrows with tweezers until I no longer have anything they claim to be an "Imperfection."

Once my skin is completely red and raw and I'm sure the only hair I have is on my head, I'm wheeled off to a smaller room where I'm told to sit and wait. This is where the main designer will most likely nitpick me and then fit my tribute parade outfit.

Eventually, a man with dark purple hair and a waistcoat to match enters the room whilst pushing along a clothing wrack in one hand. He observes me for a moment.
"I can work with this." He says and his posh accent makes it difficult to tell whether he's being playful or not. "I'm teasing, relax. You look so tense." He adds and I breath a small sigh of relief. At least he's not as stuck up as he first appeared.

"I'm Apollo. It's a pleasure to meet you, despite the circumstances." He holds out a hand for me to shake and I notice his arm bears some tattoos. After a moment of slight hesitation, I shake his hand.

"I'm Willow." I say, introducing myself. He seems to be the least annoying Capitol person I've met yet. At least their not all a nightmare to be around.

"Ah, I've heard all about you. Such a shame another Odair is having to go into the games. But, don't worry, I've got you covered. Expect nothing but perfection from me." Apollo says, turning to the clothing wrack and sorting through it. I catch a glimpse of what seems to be shimmering blue fabric and fishing nets. An interesting combination.