Jealousy

Nicholas's pov

Where is he?! Jaime knows better than to leave the pack house without my permission, or at least I thought he'd learned that lesson . . . I guess my training wasn't thorough enough. I smile to myself as a happy thought crosses my mind . . . I'll have to train him all over again.

'Don't hurt our Luna or our pups.'

I smirk at the panic in Donavon, my wolf's tone,  doesn't he know that even though our mate needs to be taught a lesson; there are many ways I can train him that won't effect our pups at all?

'Relax, Donavon, I'd never really hurt what belongs to me . . . he just needs a little reminder about who owns him, that's all."

Suddenly someone bursts into my office and I have them pinned to the door of my office before their scent reaches me.

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't rip your throat out."

"He's here Alpha . . . he's come back."

Instead of questioning the young wolf in my grip, I sniff his clothes, catching a familiar scent.

"Where's Jaime?"

"The Luna is with him."

"And you just left him there?!"

"Others are with him."

I let out an angry growl, releasing the idiot before I really do kill him and rushing out of the room, ignoring his struggle to pull in air.

'Eric! I should have taken your life instead of being kind and letting you escape!'

Quickly shifting into my wolf, I stormed through the woods, my vision red, my only thought was finding Jaime and Eric before the truth came out. I pause when I hear voices whispering in front of me. I arrive to find that my cowardly pack members have run away and Jamie is trapped against the trunk of a tree, his pain filled eyes staring up at the wolf stalking closer to him.

"W-Who are you? Why do I feel like I know you?"

"Jaime, don't you remember me? I'm _____________."

"Get away from my mate, boy."

Jaime's head jerked around in my direction, his eyes widening in fear.

"Jaime get over here."

Shuddering slightly at my tone, Jaime quickly made his way to my side, his eyes lowered submissively and I dismiss him for the moment, turning my attention back to Eric.

"Why did you return here?"

"You already know my reasons."

"Yes, you've come to suffer and die. There is nothing else for you here."

"Remove your mark and release my mate, Nicholas."

"He belongs to me."

"You had no right to mark him!"

I placed a hand around Jaime's waist, smirking when Eric let out an angry growl.

"Who . . . Who is he Nicholas?"

"This, my beautiful mate is the moon goddess's choice for you and to prove your loyalty to me,  you're going to reject him."

"Reject? I don't understand."

"He's dangerous . . . he wants to take you away from me and claim you for himself . . . but you're my mate Jaime."

"I______________."

"Who did you swear your loyalty to?"

"You."

"Who did you give your body to?"