20. The gift

"Now, the final ruling of Sheen Roan just came in, if we don't get our shit together now, this agency is done."
I ripped the paper from Lockwood.
"What ? You're joking right?"
I stare at the letter in horror. The agency was being kept under mandatory indefinite oversight. One little mistake and we were done. Oh god , oh god, nope no, no.
"Under mandatory indefinite oversight."
George read out loud.
"What does that mean ?"
"It means we still owe 60 grand but now we will be under the supervision of an adult all the time."
"Which basically means we're done."
I complete , my eyes watering.
"No, it doesn't. Lockwood does have a plan, don't you ?"
George bumped his shoulder against mine.
"Of course I have. We're going to see a man about a ghost. Make yourself ready, we're leaving tonight."
With that he pushed himself up and made his way out of the kitchen. I groaned putting my head into my hands.
"Of course , he couldn't have been more unspecific."

"Hel? Can you open the door ?"
"You can just come in , it isn't locked !"
Woody came into the room with a big grin.
"I have something for you!"
I pushed myself up, facing him now.
"Uuuuh, a present ?"
"Yes, a present."
"Well... what is it ?"
He laughed.
"Impatient much ?"
"You said you had a present , now give it to me".
I said while whipping up and down in my bed. He laughed as he handed me a package. I ripped it open, staring at the content.
"And ? Do you like it?"
"I can't take that Anthony, it's way too much."
"It isn't."
"It is !"
"Listen to me , it isn't . It isn't even fully out of grace. We're going to meet an important men and we should look as good as possible. Also ... I'm pretty sure you would look really good in this."
I stared at him for a long moment.
"I- Thank you. Thank you so much."
"So you do like it ?"
"It's beautiful."
"Well then,try it on!"
"I will , if you turn around."

The outfit in question was a pitch black jeans with a knife holder , a black t-shirt , a leather jacket with black arms and the rest whine red and ,fitting to the jacket, black boots with whine red shoelaces.

I try the items on and they fit perfectly as if they were made for me.
"Okay , you can turn back towards me."
Lockwood turns round and then... stared.
"Lockwood ?"
No reaction.

Lockwoods POV:
Heaven can't help me now.

Back to Hel :
"Is it that bad ?"
Silence. My eyes started to fill with tears.
"Of course it is. I'm so sorry that you spent your money on me. I'm of course giving it back to you and maybe you get your money back. I- I'm sorry Lockwood."
"Hel."
"No, you don't need to say anything. I'm still very grateful that you gave it to me. I will find something good to wear for the meeting. I promise."
Lockwood stepped forward holding me on my shoulders.
"Hel, don't you dare to give that back."
"What ?"
"You look-  absolutely stunning. You look like a fantasy , totally unreal."
I gulped , suddenly realizing how close he was.
"You think?"
"I promise."
I stared into his eyes , slowly breathing in and out. I could fell his breath on my lips.
"Hel..."
Lockwood leaned closer , making my breath hitch. Is he going to ? Please , please.
"Lockwood."
"Can I-"
His eyes traveled towards my lips.
"Ye-"
"Lockwood?! Where are you ?"