7.

Movie interval--"Yaar Jo kaho movie me dum to hai" veer said and we all nodded in agreement

Movie interval--
"Yaar Jo kaho movie me dum to hai" veer said and we all nodded in agreement.
"You're right veer, but I'm confused why is the girl not telling her husband about her secret" Sameer asked.
"Maybe because she doesn't want him to think different of her" Abhi joined in the conversation.

I was listening to their conversation when Kimaya started tying up her hair in a bun, my gaze shifting from the conversation to her movement, and I suddenly finds myself unable to look away, my eyes tracing the delicate curves of her neck and the way her hands move through her hair with practiced ease.

I suddenly realized how beautiful she is in that moment and feels a strange flutter in my chest, as if I can't quite catch my breath. She looked at me and I blink my eyes looking away and frowned.. What the hell is wrong with me?

I shook my head as I stood up from my seat.
"I'm going out for some snacks, do you guys want something" I asked igoring the moment that happened just now.

"I'll come with you" Abhi said following me.
"Bring me a strawberry shake" Kimaya told her brother and then everyone asked for different things.

We move towards the canteen and brought everything.
"Ilu? kya hua kaha khoya hua hai" Abhi asked shaking my shoulder with a chuckle.
"Mai kahin khoya hua nhi hu Bhai" I told him truthfully.

We collected all the items from the counter and move towards the hall again.
"Bhai tujhse ek help chahiye" Abhi said as we made our way back.
"Bol na Bhai" I asked him.
"Kimaya ke liye jo tune notes diye to kaafi helpful the, uske boards hai is year mai soch raha tha ki usse kisi tutor se padhwa du.. uski chemistry thodi weak hai" Abhi told me and I nodded.

"Haan ye to sahi rahega, lekin accha tutor bhi to mile" I replied thinking of suitable tutors.
"Tere dimaag me koi hai to suggest kar na"

I thought about it for a second.
"Dinesh sir was quite good.. remember he used to taught us in school, now he has retired he must be free"
"That's a good plan, I'll talk to him besides I was his favourite student" he replied laughing.
I chuckled"Indeed"

We took our seats and I handed kimaya her drink, she eyes twinkling as she took her shake and smiled at me and I smile back holding the eye contact.
In no time the movie started again and we enjoyed the plot.

When We got out of the theatre, everyone was talking about the plots and storyline.

Suddenly a boy came out of nowhere and both Kimaya and Tanya waved at him, I looked around to find a tall and handsome guy smiling and coming to us.
He smiled at kimaya and then at Tanya and then looked at us, veer hugged him and abhi smiled.
Who is he?
"Hey man, after a long time!" Abhi said ruffling his hair.
"Bhaiya aap yaha aagye or mujhe kisi ne bataya bhi nahi.. ye Tanya to hai hi badmash par kimaya " He pouted a little looking at kimaya who shoved his arms laughing.
"Tu hi humesha busy rehta hai kab batati?" She said laughing.
I watch them from a distance as they banter. An unfamiliar twist in his gut as I saw the other boy make her smile and laugh.

"Who is he?" I asked Sam in a whisper.
"He is kimaya's childhood friend Kritarth, they were neighbour before"

The boy noticed Sam and Evara and smiled at them too.
"Are Sameer bhaiya, aap bhi kitne dino baad mile"
then he looked at evara, and shook hands with her.
"Evara di! aap bhi hai yaha.. sabse ek sath hi mil liya" he chuckled.

Then he looked at me.
"Are you ilhan bhaiya?" He asked looking at me amazed now that he noticed I was there too.
I gave him a short nod. He Took my hands and shook them.
"I have heard a lot about you from veer and Abhi bhaiya.. He used to tell us you three are best friends, I have met Sameer bhaiya but never got the chance to meet you, by the way I'm Kritarth Sharma" he smiled politely.

"Yeah" I replied not knowing what else to say.
"Are you guys here to watch a movie?" He asked looking at all of us.
"Why else would we come here for" Tanya replied rolling her eyes.

"Let's go together then" he suggested.
"humne dekh liya, tu jaake dekh le" veer replied with a fake bored expression.
"kimaya.. chal hum dono dekhenge koi or movie phir" he asked kimaya smiling and taking her hand in his.

A strange feeling mix of anger and protectiveness, the sensation new and unexplainable run through me. my eyes on their own moved to their entwined hands, not quite sure why it bothers me so much.

"Kimaya has her tutoring session tomorrow morning" I told him, making everyone look at me in shock.
"What? konsi tutoring session?" Kimaya asked confused.

"Chemistry session" I replied in a calm voice, she looked confused just like everyone else.

Abhi chimed in, "Yeah you'll get a tutor for chemistry
as your boards are near."

Kimaya blinked confused.
"I asked Ilhan about it, and we decided on our old teacher.. he is retired now so he would be free to.. but we haven't asked him yet"
This made everyone more shock.

"Then how do you know I have my session tomorrow morning?" Kimaya asked raising her eyebrows.
"Because I'm going to teach you" I replied looking at her directly in the eye.

Everyone around us fade for a moment when our eyes met.. Her eyes, so deep like an endless Ocean, a sparkle in them and the shade of her brown changing a bit , her cheeks turning this beautiful shade of red, like a soft, rosy hue that spreads across her face.
I was so lost that I forget everyone was still around us.

"Par humlog to Dinesh sir ki baat kr rhe the Bhai" Abhi asked making me come back to the earth.

"Haan par ab wo thode aged hogye hai.. and she needs someone who can take her doubts all the time and help her actively" I told him, not sure why I even came up with this idea.

"yeah.. that's right. also it was your notes that helped her, thankyou ilu." he replied smiling.

I looked at kimaya she was now not maintaining the eye contact.
"Okay then, I can't watch the movie with you then Kritarth" she smiled and he nodded.
"Alright then, I'll come to meet you guys some day my movie is going to start.." he said rushing towards the theatre "see you all". With that everyone waved and he moved out of our sight.

We made our way to the parking when abhi again thanked me for the generosity.
"Are bhai itni kya badi baat hogyi, kitna thankyou bolega saale?"
Sam coughed a little and I looked at him, abhi didn't noticed it and started talking to evara after smiling and nodding at me.
"What is it with you?" I asked Sameer in a casual tone.
"This should be my question" He replied smirking

"Kya bol raha hai?" I narrowed my eyebrows at him
He smiled and shook his head
"kuch nahi chor, chal"

With that we all bid eachother goodnight and move towards our homes.

.

When I was in the bed later at night, I thought about what happened earlier today.. with that boy.

Why am I behaving like a protective older brother?

I rolled my eyes at the thought.
She is younger than me.. and she is my best friend's little sister.. it's obvious I would get protective towards her. I must be overthinking.

With the last shook of my head I drifted to sleep.

"I have to wake up early tomorrow I better sleep".. I mumble in my sleep.
"I have to teach kimaya" I whispered in my sleep not aware of my own words.

.
.
.
Protective as older brother or something else? what do you guys think 😏
comment down your views.
and remember our baby is very possesive.
you'll later see in the story.
now bye bye!