Chapter - 2

Vote and comment ✨️

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Taehyung was restless. The reports of vampire attacks were increasing. He was getting so curious about vampires and wanted to know everything about them.

He tried to search through the books but couldn't find anything. His curiosity was increasing day by day.

"Hoseok hyung," Taehyung said, approaching Hoseok who was getting ready for the night patrol.

"I also want to go with you tonight," he said.

Hoseok shook his head, "Taehyung, it's too dangerous outside. You know that."

"I can handle that," Taehyung said boldly. "Hyung, I can't stay locked here forever, I want to see what's going on outside."

Hoseok sighed, knowing how stubborn Taehyung could be, "Alright, but you'll have to stay close to me. Understand?"

"I promise," Taehyung nodded eagerly.

As the night came, Taehyung and Hoseok started getting ready for the night patrol. They both left with the guards.

The streets were quiet with the only sound of their footsteps. The hustle and bustle of the morning was replaced by the eerily quiet streets.

Taehyung was walking close to Hoseok when he heard someone's presence behind him. He heard someone's voice, more like a whisper, calling his name.

Taehyung looked at Hoseok, who was busy talking with the guards. He took it as an opportunity and followed the direction of the voice.

As Taehyung followed the voice, he saw a figure standing a little far from him.

"Who's there," Taehyung called nervously.

The figure turned around and Taehyung felt panic rush through his body as his eyes fell on the fangs of that person.

The figure moved near Taehyung, and in an instant, it was upon him. Taehyung felt cold hands grab him, and he struggled as the vampire tried to bite him.

Panic rushed through him, and he fought with all his strength. Taehyung tried to push the vampire off him but it was of no use.

As the vampire was about to bite Taehyung, suddenly, the vampire was pulled away from him and thrown to the ground with great force.

Taehyung looked up in confusion. His eyes fell on the vampire who was lying on the ground while the vampire's eyes were stuck on a particular tree.

Taehyung followed his gaze and saw a shadowy figure standing behind the tree. He again looked at the vampire who was now standing in his place. The vampire again looked at the shadow and left from there.

Taehyung, without wasting any second, stood up from the ground and walked slowly steps near the tree to look at the person who was still standing behind the tree.

"Who?"

He was just about to see the face when suddenly Hoseok's voice called out.

"Taehyung, where are you?"

Taehyung again looked behind the tree and the shadow was not there anymore. He quickly made his way back to Hoseok, his heart still racing.

"Where were you, Taehyung?" Hoseok said, his voice filled with concern.

"Nothing," Taehyung lied, forcing a smile, "I was just looking around."

Hoseok didn't look convinced, "Alright. Let's head back to the palace, it's not safe here."