~Chapter 31~

~Emily~

~Saturday March 29th~

Me and Isa woke up the next morning, still exhausted from the night before. Exploring Venice yesterday beach was exhilarating. after that at the diner it was nothing but good vibes. The nostalgia filled the air as we enjoyed each other's company.

We decided that today we would explore the mall for some cute bathing suits for our night swimming adventure. The sun peeked through the blinds as I looked over at Isa sleeping beside. I couldn't believe how fast this week has gone by, my baby sister would be leaving us tomorrow.

Me and Isa got up and about, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee mingling with the sound of their laughter in the kitchen. We sat together, savoring our breakfast, the clink of spoons against bowls creating a rhythm to our chatter.

With a twinkle in my eye, I turned to Isa, "So, what do you think of this boho chic look for today?" I held up a flowy, embroidered top paired with distressed jeans.

Isa grinned, holding up her girly choice, a midi skirt with galaxies printed on it, swirling around a top that sparkled like stardust. "It's like wearing a piece of the night sky," she mused, her voice tinged with a touch of sadness.

Blake bounced into the room, his star wars shirt proudly on display, his eyes wide with the excitement of a child's day out.

"Look, Aunt Isa! I'm a jedi today!" he declared, his small hands imitating a jedi. Isa scooped him up in a hug.

"The coolest jedi ever," she agreed, planting a kiss on his forehead. The room filled with the sounds of our favorite tunes, a melody that carried them through our preparations.

I caught Isa's reflection in the mirror, a soft sigh escaping her lips. "Hey, what's up? You've been quiet," I said, brushing her hair. Isa met her mine, a bittersweet smile on her face.

"Just thinking about how this is my last full day here with you in LA. I'm going to miss this... us." I reached out, squeezing Isa's hand.

"We've made some pretty epic memories, though. Remember the farmers market? Colby getting chased by that swan?" Isa laughed, the sound bright and clear.

"And the beach! You were so mad when you got splashed with wet sand, but it was hilarious!" We shared a look, the kind that only sisters could, full of love and unspoken words.

"We'll make today another memory to add to the list," I promised. Isa nodded, her heart full. "Another adventure for the books. Let's make it a great one."

We headed out the door and piled into the car. With our outfits on point and excitement in the air, me, Isa, and Blake piled into the car, ready for a day of shopping and fun. The beat of our favorite tunes filled the car, turning it into our own private dance party. I turned up the volume, my voice blending with the music.

"This is our jam! We're gonna rock the mall today!" Isa grinned, bobbing her head to the rhythm. "Absolutely! And you know what? I think I'm gonna treat myself to a new swimsuit. It's only fitting for our night swimming plans at the trap house."

Blake's eyes widened, his small voice filled with curiosity. "Can I come too mama?" I chuckled, glancing at Isa.

"Well, we'll have to see, little man. It might be a bit past your bedtime."

Isa winked at Blake, playfully teasing. "But maybe we can have a special kiddo night swim soon, just for you."

Blake's face lit up, his excitement palpable. "That would be awesome! I can't wait!"

~

As we cruised down the road, anticipation building, we chatted about our shopping lists. I planned to hunt for a sol de janerio body spray, while Isa dreamed of finding the perfect swimsuit that would make her feel like a mermaid. I glanced at Isa, a tender smile on my lips.