dress pt.2

𝒫𝓇ℯ𝓈ℯ𝓃𝓉-

𝒫𝓇ℯ𝓈ℯ𝓃𝓉-

-matt-

Aliza leads me up to the closet opening the door. Walking in there she pulls out a box "what's this?" I reached out to touch the edges of the box. "It's our memory box" I gasped "no wayyyy" She giggles while opening the box. "I have so many photos of us at our play, concerts, parties and high school memories." I hug her and start jumping up and down "let me see!" I eagerly open the box to see old photographs, letters, tickets, notes passed around in class, and music lyrics. My memories came back to me all at once and I pick up a letter.
———————
-12 𝓎ℯ𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝒶𝑔ℴ-

Aliza sat at her desk, staring at a blank paper. She fidgeted her with her pen nervously, unsure of how to start the letter she was writing. It was letter about her crush Matt, the boy she liked ever since 5th grade. She was unsure if she should tell her mom or dad because of how strict they were when it came to dating.

Dear Matt,

I have always wanted to say something to you about my feelings towards you but never got the courage
I know that we have been friends for almost 4 years but I wanted to say I like you.

I remember in the 5th grade when we were at lunch and you told me how pretty I was today. I love it when you call me pretty. It makes me happy.

I remember 8th grade when we were singing on stage together. I keep thinking about how pretty your voice was that night.

I remember that day you gave me a flower the first day we met when we were in the 4th grade. I really appreciate our friendship and you mean so much to me. Thank you Matt for being a good friend and even if you don't feel the same I will always be here.

ℒℴ𝓋ℯ, 𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓏𝒶
--------
While she looked out the window she couldn't shake the feeling that Matt didn't feel the same way. What if she was just a friend or worse, nothing at all to him.

The next day at school, Aliza waited anxiously for the moment when she could give Matt the letter but as her wondered to her far right there was Matt laughing with Brooke Jenkins. Her expression changed and her smile wavered.

Aliza got home and thought about how Matt looked at Brooke. It occurred to her that Matt didn't feel the same and maybe it wasn't mutual feelings between them, to him they were just friends and more.

Hours spent, she finally finishes her box and wrote 'Memory Box' on the crease of it and threw the letter in there.
————

𝒫𝓇ℯ𝓈ℯ𝓃𝓉-

I look at Aliza in awe. I thought of the sincere thought of her liking me back at the same time I liked her "why didn't you give it to me?" I look at her with anticipation to know the answer "I thought you didn't feel the same and got nervous." She giggles causing my eyes to light up. "Aww she got nervousss" I squeeze her cheeks "how couldn't I feel the same about you Aliza..?" I tilt my head while my eyes softened. "i love you Matt."
"I love you too" I plant a kiss on her forehead.
"Let's go back downstairs."
——————————————
-aliza-

Walking down I look over to see Nick and Ernesto cuddling. Me and Matt started giggling and looking at each other with knowing eyes "aww they are so cute" I smile at his comment "I still can't believe they aren't back together" he shrugs his shoulders "maybe they realized they're better off as friends" I look at the two people on the couch and tilt my head. For some reason his words hurt me. The feeling of Matt being my friend made me feel like a shadow falling into a spiral. How were people so comfortable with making memories with a person they once loved? I wonder was it for the better and was loving someone that loves you back distantly change the love or did it stay the same?

I got this chapter idea was from the one and only abbsyay

She is absolutely talented! Go check her out :)))