Chapter 17

I woke up nestled between Rowan and Dimitri, their warmth a small comfort against the cold ache in my heart. Their legs were intertwined with mine, each holding me protectively by the waist. Any attempt to move only seemed to entangle me further, so I let out a quiet sigh and rested my head on Rowan's shoulder.

His breathing was slow and steady, the rise and fall of his chest soothing. I listened to their breathing, letting it ground me in the present moment.

After a few minutes, Dimitri stirred, his eyes fluttering open. He looked at me, a soft smile forming on his lips.

"Good morning," he whispered, careful not to wake Rowan.

"Morning," I replied quietly, trying to keep my voice steady. "I'm stuck."

Dimitri chuckled softly, gently untangling his leg from mine.

"Let me help you." He carefully lifted Rowan's arm off me, and I slowly slid out of the bed, trying not to wake him.

after stretching a little I headed to the bathroom.

I took a long hot shower letting all my worries wash away.

today I went for an all-black look. I wore a black top paired with black pants and of course a black jacket on top of it

 I wore a black top paired with black pants and of course a black jacket on top of it

after getting ready I went to my room where Rowan was still sleeping

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and quietly went outside

I opened my phone to see millions of messages and calls from my family

well, shit......

I forgot to tell them that I was going to stay at my penthouse

(100+) missed calls from Nick

(20) missed calls from Emilo

(88) missed calls from Alessandro

(69) missed calls from dad

(91) missed calls from Matteo

(78) missed calls from Xander

(99) missed calls from Ellijha

(45) missed calls from Marcos

instead of replying to them all separately I opened the family group and texted them telling them I unexpectedly fell asleep at a friend's house and would be home for dinner

The penthouse was quiet, the early morning light filtering through the windows. I headed to the kitchen and started making coffee while Dimitri rummaged through the fridge for something to eat.

As we prepared breakfast, I tried to push away the haunting memories of the previous night. I focused on the simple tasks, letting the routine calm me. Dimitri made us omelets and sat at the kitchen island, eating in comfortable silence. After a while, Rowan joined us, looking a bit dizzy but offering a warm smile. "Morning, you two," he said, grabbing a cup of coffee. "How are we holding up?"