Chapter 12

I woke up with a start. My alarm was blazing in my ears. I leaned across my bed and tried to find my snooze button, which was harder than I thought. I went in the bathroom and brushed my teeth, I decided that I didn't need a shower since I had one yesterday. So I went on picking out my outfit. I finally decided on a black tee shirt, white jeans, and my uggs.

For my hair, I straightened it but made two little braids coming from the sides of my head and joined them in the back with a white bow. my makeup was light, mascara, eyeliner, and foundation. I packed my book bag with my iPod and phone, which still didn't have any replying messages.

There was only ten minutes until class started, so I decided that I would head to school. Before leaving, I went and knocked on Kristen's door. I heard a muffled reply and some shuffling on the other side of the door. The door opened and I saw a sleepy Kristen standing in the doorway, still with her pajamas on.

"What are you still doing in your pajamas?!" I asked, suprised. "You're going to be late!"

"Wha...what time is it?" she asked sleepily. I sighed and looked at my iPod.

"Another 7 minutes and we'll be late."

"Oh crap. Um, come in." she said, holding open the door. I walked into her messy room. I walked over to her dresser and picked out some clothes, a tee shirt and jeans, and handed it to her.

"Here. Go put this on, and brush your hair...and teeth. Your breath is nasty." I said, holding out the clothes at arms length, plugging my nose with the other.

"Well thank you." she said very breathy before disappearing into her bathroom. I made her bed at sat on it's edge. In about five minutes, I started to get nervous. I walked up to the door and pounded on it.

"C'mon! We're going to be late!" I shouted. As I finished pounding, she opened the door all dressed and ready.

"Calm your hormones. I'm coming."

I picked up her boots and threw them at her. As she put them on I began looking for her purse or book bag. I found a large purse and threw it at her as well.

"LETS GO!" I said, panicked. On our way out, she grabbed her coat from behind her coat and locked the door. I checked my iPod. Only two minutes until class. We began running out of the dorm and onto the parking lot. By the time we had got to out lockers, the bell rang.

"Just c'mon." Kristen said, motioning toward our homeroom. We ran in the door just before Mr. Fords closed it.

"You're late." he said, frowning at us. "I'll give you your first warning Mckayla. After three,you get a detention. But Miss. Snow, I do believe that this is your fourth time. You will be staying here for the first half of lunch." he said, looking from me to Kristen.

"Please don't punish Mckayla. She was ready to come to class ten minutes ago. She came and made sure that I wasn't sleeping in, which I was. I'm to blame, don't punish her!" Kristen begged.