#37

VED'S POV

Vividha went to office without waiting for me. As I was leaving, Mom and Dad came out of their rooms. They looked like they had barely gotten any sleep.

"Maa--"

She gestured me to stop talking. She looked at me angrily as if she didn't want to look at me at all.

"Vividha baat kar rahi hai tumse?"

"Nahi.."

"Toh main bhi nahi karungi.."

"Kya? Par maa--"

"Jab takk Vividha tujhse baat nahi karti ya maaf nahi karti, hum bhi nahi karenge"

Dad said without looking at me.

"Aap dono toh meri baat suno. Aap nahi samjhoge toh kon samjhega"

Dad gave me a disgusted looked and he and mom went inside their room again. I randomly looked up, I saw Veer watching this. He moved his jaw to fix it. Vividha slapped him pretty hard. He didn't say anything to me after that.
When I arrived at office, Vividha was receiving flowers from everyone. She was smiling, her smile seemed genuine. Until she saw me. Then it was all fake.
I packed my stuff and shifted to Vividha's cabin while she was talking to the staff. I set her cabin up too. Arranged it as close as it could have been to the previous on. What I added was a rose on her table. She does not fancy flowers. She has no favourite flower but rose is quite the statement for love. I went into my cabin and resumed work. But I couldn't focus. How could I when I could see her talk to others, smile with them.

I knew the day would come when I had to let her go...I just never thought it would be now...a year early.
She went inside her cabin, after 5 mins I went to her. She saw me and kept looking at me.

"Vividha...Can we talk?"

"No."

She said looking into her laptop again.

"Please"

"Leave Ved."

"Viv--"

"Its Ma'am. Vividha Ma'am"

She looked back at me with those sharp eyes and angry face. Her tone taunting me. She said that because I made her call me Sir in office.

"Ma'am can we talk?"

"I said no, leave"

I didn't argue further. We went home at the same time but in separate cars. She texted on our family group for everyone to come in the living room. So when we came back, Veer and Mom dad were in living room sitting on sofa. She walked ahead of me like a boss. I could sense her energy had shifted since last night. Her vibe were more angry, cold, bossy. Reasonable.

"Umm, First day as CEO kaisa tha?"

"Bohot accha tha Maa"

She replied to mom with a actual smile. With the old warmth. She didn't sit so I didn't too.

"I want to talk to you all"

I wanted to talk since last night...she didn't let me.

"Main kal ghar chod rahi hu."

Mom dad looked at Vividha in shocked. My hands were in my pocket, clutching money that was in my pocket

"Par Bhabz---"

"Tumse baat nahi kar rahi main Veer...aur Bhabz matt bolna kabhi mujhe abse"

"Yeh ghar tumse hi toh ghar lagta hai Vividha"

Dad said to her. Me and Veer shared glances.

"Tum chali jaogi toh bass makaan banke reh jaayega. Jhagda toh Ved se hai na...ghar mein toh teen aur log rehte hai"