Chapter 15

Echoes of the Past

Jeff drifted into a deep sleep, his mind sinking into the realms of his subconscious. The dream began to unfold with a haunting clarity, pulling him into a past life he had only glimpsed before. He found himself in a dimly lit room, the air heavy with despair and resignation.

Before him, two figures knelt on the cold, hard ground. It was Vegas and Kim, their faces etched with sorrow and determination. They looked at each other with a love so profound it seemed to transcend the very fabric of time and space.

Vegas held a gun in his trembling hand, and Kim mirrored his actions, holding his own weapon with equal resolve. They knew there was no escape, no future in the world they inhabited. Their love, forbidden and persecuted, left them no choice but to end their suffering on their own terms.

"vegas," Kim whispered, his voice thick with emotion. "Our love will have a happy ending in another universe. I promise you."

Kim's eyes, filled with tears, held an unwavering gaze on Vegas. "Will you wait for me?" he asked softly, his voice a plea wrapped in a promise.

Vegas nodded, his heart breaking at the sight of Kim's tear-streaked face. "I will wait for you, always," he vowed.

With that, they leaned in, sharing a final, bittersweet kiss. Their lips met in a moment of pure, unadulterated love. As they pulled away, they raised their guns, aiming them at each other’s hearts.

"I love you, Kim," Vegas said, his voice barely a whisper.

"I love you, too, Vegas," Kim replied, his voice breaking.

The sound of the gunshots echoed through the room as they pulled the triggers simultaneously. They fell into each other’s arms, their bodies collapsing to the ground, united in death as they had been in life.

Jeff jolted awake, a scream tearing from his throat. He clutched his head, the vivid images of the dream searing into his mind. Tears streamed down his face as he struggled to catch his breath, the overwhelming sorrow and anguish of the dream lingering like a dark cloud.

His scream pierced the quiet of the night, reaching Bible in the bathroom. Bible, who was in the middle of a shower, froze at the sound. Wrapping a towel around his waist, he rushed out of the bathroom, his heart pounding with fear.

"Jeff!" Bible called out, his voice filled with concern as he ran to their bedroom. He found Jeff sitting up in bed, tears streaming down his face, his body shaking with sobs.

Bible immediately moved to Jeff's side, pulling him into a tight embrace. "Hey, hey, I'm here," he whispered, his voice soothing. "What happened? Talk to me."

Jeff buried his face in Bible's chest, his tears soaking the skin beneath the towel. "It was them," he choked out. "Vegas and Kim. They...they shot each other. They said they'd find happiness in another universe. It felt so real, Bible. So real."

Bible's heart ached for Jeff. He gently rubbed Jeff's back, his own eyes stinging with unshed tears. "I'm so sorry, Jeff," he murmured. "I can't imagine how hard that must have been to see. But remember, it was just a dream. You're here now, with me. We’ll get through this together."

Jeff clung to Bible, drawing comfort from his presence. The raw emotions from the dream slowly began to ebb away, replaced by the warmth and safety of Bible’s embrace.

The next morning, Jeff and Bible woke up to a sense of tentative calm. The events of the previous day still weighed heavily on them, but there was a newfound resolve to face their challenges together. Jeff could still feel the remnants of his dream clinging to his consciousness, but he pushed them aside to focus on the present.

As they sat down for breakfast, the silence between them was comfortable, a marked change from the tension that had previously dominated their mornings. Jeff stirred his coffee, gathering his thoughts before finally speaking.Sharing the Dream"Bible," Jeff began, his voice steady but soft.

"I need to talk to you about something."Bible looked up from his plate, concern immediately evident in his eyes. "What is it, Jeff?"Jeff took a deep breath. "It's about the dream I had last night. It wasn't just any dream; it felt like a past life, something connected to us."Bible's brow furrowed in confusion.

"What do you mean?"Jeff met Bible's gaze, determination shining through his worry. "When I was at the temple, I met a monk. He told me that what I saw in my dreams is real. He said it's a sign that what happened in the past will repeat if I don't resolve it.

"Bible's expression shifted from confusion to skepticism. "Jeff, are you saying that we were those people in your dream? That Vegas and Kim were us in another life?"Jeff nodded. "I know it sounds crazy, but it felt so real. The monk said I have to beware of what happened in the past repeating itself.

I think our problem was solved because we had a hard time, and now it's gone. Maybe that's why it showed to me."Bible's Reluctant SupportBible sighed, leaning back in his chair. "I don't know if I believe in past lives or signs from dreams, Jeff. It sounds like...stupidity."Jeff's heart sank a little, but he understood Bible's skepticism. "I get it, Bib. But for me, it feels real. And it helps me make sense of everything that's been happening."

Bible reached across the table, taking Jeff's hand in his. "I don't believe in this kind of stuff, but I believe in you. If this helps you, then I'll support you."A small smile tugged at Jeff's lips. "Thank you, Bible. That means a lot to me."

Jeff decided to take a leave from his classes. He wasn't feeling well, both physically and emotionally drained from the night's events. Bible called him every hour to check in, his concern evident in his voice."

How are you feeling now?" Bible asked during one of his calls."I'm hanging in there," Jeff replied, grateful for Bible's attentiveness. "Just trying to rest.""Good," Bible said. "Just focus on taking it easy today. I'll be home soon."

That night, Bible returned home. Bible decided to cook dinner, wanting to do something special for Jeff. He busied himself in the kitchen, preparing Jeff's favorite dishes with meticulous care.

Jeff watched from the living room, a small smile playing on his lips as he saw Bible move around with determination. The aroma of the food filled the house, bringing a sense of warmth and normalcy that had been missing for a long time.

"Smells amazing," Jeff said as he walked into the kitchen, his eyes lighting up.Bible turned and smiled at him. "I wanted to do something nice for you. You deserve it.

"They sat down to eat, the meal filled with quiet conversation and soft laughter. For the first time in a while, Jeff felt a sense of peace settling over him. The food was delicious, but it was the effort and love Bible had put into it that made it truly special.

After dinner, they curled up on the couch together, the stress and tension of the past few months slowly melting away. Jeff rested his head on Bible's shoulder, feeling a calmness he hadn't felt in a long time."I'm feeling better," Jeff admitted softly. "Thank you for tonight."Bible kissed the top of his head. "I'm glad."