𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐌.𝐑

There's a storm outside so you walk to the nearest pub which happens to be where Mattheo works

ℰ𝓃ℯ𝓂𝒾ℯ𝓈
𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐨 𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞

The cold wind wraps around your body, your clothes soaked from the rain and you shiver while looking for a place that's open, you see warm lights coming from a small building and without hesitation you open the door to let yourself in.

As you shut the door behind you, you sigh in relief as the warmth starts wrapping itself around you.

"You're not supposed to be in here." Mattheo's voice rings out, sending a chill down your spine.

"Why not?" You asked timidly.

Mattheo rolls his eyes as if your question is the most ridiculous thing he's ever heard. "The pub's closed," he says, crossing his arms over his chest. "I'm sure you can read the sign on the door?"

"I didn't bother reading the sign" you said shrugging and rubbing your arm's trying to keep warm.

Mattheo snorts derisively. "Yeah, I can tell." His gaze falls on you, taking in your wet clothes and trembling form. A smirk pulls at the corner of his lips. "How long were you out in that storm, anyway? You look like a drowned cat."

You look at him offended by his comment but you also feel used to them "about a hour"

Mattheo lets out a low whistle. "A whole hour, huh? You're either crazy, stupid, or both." He shakes his head in disbelief. "You do know that there's a storm warning out, right? Or did you miss the memo like you missed the sign?"

You glared at him and sat silent for a few seconds before replying "I had a date"

Mattheo's eyebrows rose in mock surprise. "A date, huh? And they left you out in this weather by yourself? Sounds like a real catch." He stepped closer, his eyes dancing with amusement. "Or maybe you were stood up? Wouldn't be surprised, to be honest."

"You're honestly so rude I'd rather be out in that storm then here with you" you said through trembling teeth your clothes were still soaked which just made you feel colder.

Mattheo chuckled darkly. "Oh, I'm the rude one now? Says the one who barged into a closed pub and disrupted my peace." He leaned against one of the nearby tables, eyeing you up and down. "And frankly, you look like you're five seconds away from freezing to death. I'd say staying here with me is your safest option right now."

"I'll get someone to pick me up, give me your phone so I can call someone" you spoke angrily as you started to get agitated.

Mattheo raised an eyebrow, clearly amused by your frustration. "My phone? And why would I give you my phone just so you can call someone to pick you up?" He smirked. "I don't think so. You barged into my space without permission, disrespected me, and now you expect me to cater to your needs?"

"Fuck you I'm leaving" you stood up quickly and your legs started to shake from the cold.

"Oh, no, you don't." Mattheo's hand quickly shoots out, grabbing your arm before you can move away. His grip is like a vice, stopping your escape in its tracks. He pulls you closer with a mocking smile. "You're not going anywhere until I say so."

"Why?" You spoke curious as to why Mattheo was trying to keep you in here with him. Mattheo's hand squeezes your arm tighter, his tone growing darker. "Because you need to learn some manners. You can't just barge into someone's space and demand things from them like you own the place."

He leans closer, his eyes locking onto yours. "And maybe I'm enjoying the sight of you all trembling and desperate in front of me."

You quickly elbowed Mattheo as you got angry "I'll walk home then!"

Mattheo grunted in surprise as your elbow connected with his side. He let go of your arm, a flash of annoyance in his eyes. "You think you're gonna walk home in this weather? You'll freeze to death before you get a mile down the road, dumbass."

"I don't care" you walked towards the door and reached for the handle.

In an instant, Mattheo was in front of you, his body blocking the door. He looked at you with a mix of irritation and amusement. "You're really stubborn, you know that? I don't know if I should be annoyed or impressed by your stupidity." He placed his hands on your shoulders, stopping you from moving any further.

"'Mattheo what are you doing?" You spoke tiredly, you were getting fed up with his attitude and unnecessary comments.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm stopping you from running out into the storm and getting yourself killed." His grip tightened on your shoulders. "Use your common sense, for goodness sake. It's pouring outside, and you're soaked through. You're not going anywhere."

-