𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒? 𝐋.𝐁

You ask Lorenzo if he'd like to kiss, but you meant the muggle chocolate kiss

𝒞𝓇𝓊𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔
𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨 𝐁.

The Slytherin common room was unusually quiet, its typical bustle muted to the gentle crackle of the fire and the soft turning of pages. Most of the students had retired to their dormitories, leaving the room dimly lit by the emerald-tinted flames dancing in the large hearth. You were sprawled comfortably on one of the plush, dark green sofas, your legs tucked beneath you. Lorenzo sat beside you, his head resting back against the cushion, eyes half-closed as if he might drift off at any moment.

You watched him for a moment, a soft smile tugging at your lips. The flickering firelight highlighted his features in warm, amber hues, casting delicate shadows across his sharp jawline and the curve of his cheekbones. His brunette hair fell slightly into his eyes, and his tie, always perfectly in place, now sat just slightly askew. He looked relaxed, almost peaceful—such a contrast to his usual alert and confident demeanor.

An idea sparked in your mind, mischievous and light-hearted, and you turned toward him, your smile widening. "Lorenzo?" you called softly, your voice breaking the comfortable silence. He hummed in response, not bothering to open his eyes, the sound low and sleepy. It was rare to catch him like this, so unguarded.

"Would you like a kiss?" you asked, trying to keep your voice steady, though a hint of laughter threatened to break through. His reaction was immediate and far more dramatic than you had anticipated. His eyes flew open, all traces of sleepiness gone in an instant. His eyebrows shot up, and he looked at you, wide-eyed and almost comically surprised.

"W-what?" he stammered, his usual smooth composure nowhere to be found. He blinked at you, as if trying to make sense of what you had just said. "Are you serious?" he asked, his voice a touch higher than usual. He tugged at his green and silver tie, loosening it as though it were suddenly choking him. "Yeah, sure?" he added, though it sounded more like a question than an answer, his tone flustered and uncertain.

You bit your lip to keep from laughing outright, nodding as you reached into your robe pocket. His eyes followed your movements intently, his confusion deepening when you pulled out a small, silver-wrapped object. His eyebrows furrowed as you handed it to him.

"What's this?" he asked, his voice tinged with suspicion. He turned the object over in his hands, his fingers brushing against the crinkling tinfoil. He looked at it as if it might explode at any moment, his gaze darting back to you, searching for an explanation.

You grinned, barely containing your amusement. "It's chocolate," you explained, unable to keep the laughter out of your voice now. "It's muggle chocolate, and it's called a kiss."

Lorenzo's expression shifted rapidly from confusion to realization, then to something akin to annoyance. "It's just chocolate?" he asked incredulously, his eyes narrowing slightly as he stared at the small confection in his hand. You nodded, struggling to keep your composure as his scowl deepened.

"What do you mean, 'it's just chocolate?'" he demanded, his tone laced with irritation. "You said, 'do you want a kiss?'" He emphasized your words, his face flushing slightly, though whether from embarrassment or frustration, you couldn't tell. "Yes, I want a fucking kiss!"

You couldn't hold it in any longer. Laughter burst from your lips, filling the quiet room with its bright, infectious sound. Lorenzo's scowl darkened, and he glared at you, though there was no real malice in his gaze. He looked more like a disgruntled cat, his lips pressed into a tight line as he watched you laugh at his expense.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," you gasped between giggles, clutching your stomach as you tried to regain your breath. "That didn't come out right," you added, still chuckling. "I meant the chocolate, not an actual kiss."

Lorenzo huffed, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned back against the sofa, his eyes fixed on the fire. "Well, you should have been clearer," he muttered, his tone petulant. He looked back at you, his expression still annoyed but with a hint of something else—something more vulnerable. "I thought you meant...you know."

Your laughter softened, fading into a warm smile as you reached out to touch his arm gently. "I know, and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding," you said, your voice sincere. "I didn't mean to embarrass you. I just thought it would be a funny way to share some muggle candy."

He glanced down at the foil-wrapped chocolate in his hand, his fingers idly tracing the shape of it. "It's just... I thought—never mind," he mumbled, his cheeks still faintly pink. He unwrapped the chocolate slowly, revealing the small, teardrop-shaped confection inside. He stared at it for a moment before popping it into his mouth.

He chewed thoughtfully, his gaze still avoiding yours. You watched him, waiting for his verdict, and after a few moments, he finally looked at you, his expression a little more relaxed. "It's good," he admitted grudgingly, though there was a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

You grinned, relief washing over you. "I'm glad you like it," you said warmly. "I have more if you want."

He raised an eyebrow, his smirk growing as he leaned closer, his voice dropping to a low murmur. "Are you offering me more chocolate or...something else?"

You rolled your eyes, but your smile remained. "Chocolate, Lorenzo," you said firmly, though there was a playful lilt to your tone. "Just chocolate."

He sighed dramatically, leaning back again, but there was a twinkle in his eyes now. "Figures," he muttered, though he held out his hand for another piece. You placed another chocolate kiss in his palm, and he unwrapped it with more enthusiasm this time, his earlier irritation seemingly forgotten.

As he ate the second piece, you both lapsed into a comfortable silence, the awkwardness of the earlier misunderstanding melting away like the chocolate on his tongue. The fire crackled softly, its warmth enveloping you both in a cozy cocoon. You glanced at Lorenzo out of the corner of your eye, noting the way his expression had softened, a hint of a smile lingering on his lips.

"I didn't know you liked muggle sweets," you said after a while, your voice breaking the quiet.

He shrugged, his gaze still fixed on the fire. "I didn't, until now," he admitted, his tone casual. He looked at you then, his eyes serious despite the smile on his face. "But I think I'd like just about anything if it came from you."

Your heart skipped a beat at his words, a warmth spreading through your chest that had nothing to do with the fire. You ducked your head, feeling your cheeks heat up under his gaze. "You're just saying that because I gave you free chocolate," you teased lightly, trying to deflect the sudden intensity in his eyes.

He chuckled, the sound low and genuine. "Maybe," he agreed, but his gaze didn't waver. "Or maybe I just like spending time with you."

You felt your heart flutter, a mix of surprise and something sweeter, softer. You met his gaze, your own smile widening as you saw the sincerity in his expression. "Well, in that case," you said softly, reaching for another chocolate, "I suppose I'll have to keep sharing."

He grinned, his earlier annoyance completely gone now, replaced by that familiar, easy confidence that you knew so well. "I'm holding you to that," he said, his voice warm with affection.

And as you sat there together, the fire crackling softly in the hearth and the taste of chocolate lingering in the air, you couldn't help but think that maybe, just maybe, this was the start of something more. Something that had nothing to do with muggle sweets or playful teasing, but everything to do with the way his eyes softened when he looked at you, and the way your heart seemed to beat just a little faster whenever he was near.

—-