𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐘𝐄𝐓 𝐑.𝐁

Regulus tries to prevent you from leaving bed

𝒟𝒶𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔
𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤

The soft, amber glow of the evening sun filtered through the curtains of the Hogwarts dormitory, casting warm shadows across the room. It was the weekend, a rare time of rest, and without classes or responsibilities, the castle was hushed in peaceful quiet. Regulus Black lay behind you in bed, his arms wrapped snugly around your torso as if he never intended to let you go. His dark hair, slightly tousled, tickled the back of your neck, and his steady breath brushed softly against your ear. His hold on you was possessive yet tender, leaving hardly an inch of space between your bodies. The warmth radiating from him made you feel impossibly cozy, wrapped in the cocoon of his embrace.

He traced slow, lazy circles on your stomach with his thumb, the motion soothing, lulling you deeper into a comfortable haze. As much as you wanted to stay here forever, in this bubble of warmth and intimacy, a small voice reminded you of your earlier plans. You had agreed to meet Harry in Hogsmeade to study—both of you had admitted to struggling with your coursework, and with the end of your time at Hogwarts looming, you knew you couldn't afford to fall behind.

"Regulus," you murmured softly, your voice gentle but firm, "I have to go."

In response, Regulus tightened his grip around you, pulling you even closer, his lips grazing the shell of your ear. "Why would you want to leave? It's so warm here," he mumbled, his voice a low, sleepy drawl. "Besides, it's raining outside."

You furrowed your brow in confusion, glancing toward the window. "It's not raining, Regulus. What are you talking about?"

A deep chuckle rumbled from his chest, the sound vibrating against your back. "Made you look," he teased, his voice full of lazy amusement.

You rolled your eyes, trying to wriggle free from his grasp, but his hold was steadfast. He wasn't about to let you escape so easily.

"Regulus, seriously. Harry is waiting for me," you said, a hint of urgency creeping into your tone.

Regulus only responded with a soft groan, pressing a trail of lingering, pleading kisses from your cheek to the curve of your neck, his lips warm and persuasive. "I'd rather lock you up in here with me," he murmured against your skin, his voice soft and full of affection. "Harry can wait. He's a twit anyway," he added with a touch of playful disdain, pressing another kiss to your shoulder. "Five more minutes won't hurt."

You let out a resigned sigh, sinking into his touch despite yourself. His embrace was intoxicating, and for a brief moment, you allowed yourself to relax completely, letting the sensation of his lips and the steady rhythm of his heartbeat lull you back into that blissful state of comfort. Regulus, sensing your surrender, loosened his arms around you, his grip becoming softer.

But the moment you felt his hold relax, you seized your chance. In one quick movement, you wriggled free and jumped up from the bed, leaving him blinking in surprise.

"Ha!" you exclaimed triumphantly, flashing him a victorious grin. Regulus let out a dramatic sigh, placing a hand over his heart as if you had deeply wounded him with your betrayal.

"I'll be back soon, I promise," you teased, your smirk playful as you reached for your bag. "And I'll make up for it."

Regulus gave you a sleepy, lopsided smile, his dark eyes half-lidded with drowsiness. He tossed himself back onto the bed, sprawling out across the sheets, his hand draped lazily over his chest. "Be back before dark at least," he muttered, his voice soft and grumbling, as though the idea of you leaving still didn't sit well with him.

You laughed softly at the sight of him, looking so adorably disheveled, his hair a wild mess against the pillow. With one last glance, you blew him a kiss before heading toward the door. Behind you, Regulus groaned dramatically, rolling over in the bed and burying his face into the pillow as if already missing your presence.

"I'll hold you to that," he called after you, his voice muffled by the pillow but laced with a mischievous edge. "Don't keep me waiting."

You smiled as you stepped out of the room, your heart warm. You'd be back soon enough.

—-