Chapter 15

The little trip to Sevilla actually worked perfectly for Carolina's schedule. The team had an away match, so she didn't have to go to the stadium to support them. And she could do her recovery away from Barcelona too. So she found herself packing her bag to go back home for a few days...and had very little help from Fermín.

"So Gavi's parents invited you to the trip?"

"Yes".

"When did they do that? Like...do you chat with them often? I didn't know".

"I was in their house and they mentioned going to Sevilla. So they invited me".

Fermín was laying down on her bed but felt he needed to sit up for this part of the conversation.

"Why were you there? Meeting Aurora?"

"No".

Carolina moved to her drawer to pick up some underwear and socks and noticed Fermín was now by her side.

"Do you mind? I don't want you to see my bras".

"I'm not looking. Because bras are nothing next to this gossip. You were at Gavi's...with Gavi?"

"I wasn't there with him. He overheard me talking to my physio and offered his gym for us to work there".

"I have a gym too".

"I know. You were my first option but he already offered so...".

"You took the photo he posted".

"What?"

"At the gym. He posted a photo while he was in his house's gym and you took it. I asked him about it and he got all weird. Didn't want to tell me who took it either...".

"Yeah, and? Why does that matter?", said Carolina, picking the wrong socks because she was nervous.

Fermín noticed and it only made him more sure of what was going on.

"Caro", he said, holding her arms so she would stop and helping her put the socks together in pairs. "It's ok".

"It's not Fermín, you're really getting on my nerves!"

"What?"

"You and Aurora think it's really funny to tease us but it's not, ok? Have you not been here this whole time?", Fermín noticed the tears in her eyes and felt like an asshole. "I'm tired of everyone trying to guess who I like and who I get in my bed, you know? And the fact that you do it too hurts more".

"Caro...I'm sorry".

Carolina allowed Fermín to hug her while she tried not to cry. But she needed to tell him. She needed him to understand.

"You know the only person who's been in my bed recently?", Fermín shook his head. "You. 5 minutes ago. No one else. And it won't change anytime soon".

"Caro...".

"I'm even afraid of talking to boys because if I do, they'll post about it and then you'll be mocked for being cheated on again. And I'll be called a slut again and...it's exhausting".

"Please, just stay here", he told her when she tried to get out of their embrace. "I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's my fault for doing that to Miguel. I just couldn't not do anything...".

"It's not your fault, Fermín. But you need to stop teasing me about Pablo. I...I've wanted to be his friend since I met him when I was 5. And now we finally are, kind of".

"Why didn't you tell him that before?"

"Because I'm a petty bitch who was annoyed at him for calling me a stupid girl when I was 5. For saying he didn't want to be my friend or play with me. His rejection hurts a lot. I didn't want to go through that again".