Science Is Neat

Scientist Patrick
Radio host Pete
Thank you to my amazing boyfriend and my kid brother for the inspiration for this fanfic, ily guys<3

Scientist PatrickRadio host PeteThank you to my amazing boyfriend and my kid brother for the inspiration for this fanfic, ily guys<3

Patrick's head rests again the office desk, pen firmly gripped in his hand, he huffs, staring at the blank piece of paper sideways

The door to his office opens and closes in a swift manner. He hears foot steps approaching and he doesn't even bother to lift his head. That is until a cup of tea is placed in his view.

"Hey my little Einstein, you hungry?"

"No..."

"You haven't eaten yet and it's almost twelve-"

"Pete. Go to work."

Patrick lifts his head, hair slightly messy as he looks up at his husband who has his hands on his hips. Pete sighs, shaking his head. He lifts Patrick's chin with his index finger slightly. "Promise me you'll eat soon, baby?"

Patrick looks into Pete's bronze eyes, nodding sheepishly. "Promise..."

"Don't work yourself too hard..." Pete whispers, hand cupping Patrick's jaw. His fingers glide against the soft skin, heat rising.

"Does that have to be a promise too?" Patrick huffs, eyebrows furrowing as Pete smiles slightly. He leans down, kissing Patrick's head softly.

"I'll be home around eight, okay? Try not to explode the house before I get back." Pete smiles, grabbing his coat off of the back of Patrick's chair. Patrick mutters incorrectly, probably calling a Pete an idiot and naming the ways he could explode the house.

Pete rolls his eyes as Patrick continues to mumble things, leaving him and Patrick in his grumpy state. As soon as the door closes Patrick takes a sip of his tea, grateful for Pete's hospitality.

///

"Baby?"

Pete opens Patrick's office door, hair sticking messily out of his beanie. He spots Patrick passed out, head on his desk once more, a trail of spit pooling on the still blank piece of paper.

Pete makes an "aww" sound before gently picking Patrick up and taking him to their bedroom. He undresses Patrick mostly, leaving him in heart print boxers and a white tee shirt before settling the smaller body against his.

"Hey..." Pete whispers as Patrick stirs awake.

"Let me go..." He grumbles angrily, but too sleepy to actually put up any fight of sorts. Pete chuckle slightly, finding the other man absolutely adorable in such a grumpy state.

"No, you need sleep." Pete responds, pulling the blanket over them both. Patrick grunts, trying to peel away from Pete's tight grip, even though that's not what he really wants.

"N-no...I need to work...I haven't even started and it's- oh shit. It's eight and I-"

"Patrick."

"Pete."

"Patrick."

The dirty blonde grunts out, bottom lip sticking out in a permanent pout. Pete ruffles his hair, kissing his head. "Trick, you've been working all week non-stop...you need a break. You're exhausted, that's why you can't work properly..."

Patrick just grunts again in repsonse. Yes, Pete is 100% correct, but that doesn't make Patrick pout any less. He whines in protest.

"I need to finish though..." He practically begs. giving the older his best puppy dog eyes. Pete shakes his head, patting Patrick's back.

"No. I'm gonna make us some dinner and you're gonna sit right here and rest. Then after we eat we're watching a movie and then you're going straight to bed."

"But-"

"I mean it, mister."

"Peteeeee."

"Tomorrow isn't that far away, Einstein, you can wait, okay?" Pete looks down at Patrick, soft auburn eyes burning a hole straight into Patrick's braincells. Reluctantly, Patrick nods, huffing out small curses as Pete gets out from underneath him.

"Good, I'll be right back..."

Pete steps out into the kitchen as Patrick sits on the bed.

...

"Oh my god Pete wait I know what it is! Where's a pen...and paper I need-"

"PATRICK."

I AM SOOO BAD AT WRITING NOW IDK this is the worst thing i've written in a bit i'm tried but wanted to post cuz it's been a bit my prime is no longer with us ILL TRY TO WRITE MORE BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS AGAIN BUT I JUST FORGET A LOT IM SORRRRRYYYYYY i'll try though. ANYWAY thanks for reading ilyilyily byeeeee -trick