(5) candied & harsh

A month had passed since Seokjin's mother died, and the day Namjoon left, claiming he had important business to attend to, he never returned. Seokjin resumed his job, where all the teachers expressed their condolences, overwhelming him to the point where he hid in the bathroom and cried for a while.

He struggled to move past his parents' deaths but knew he had to live with it now. He had accepted his fate, even though it angered him that Namjoon had left and never checked on him again.

Namjoon had promised never to leave him, but he did and wasn't coming back. Hoseok and Minah still visited him regularly, but Seokjin told them to go home to their families because he wasn't a child.

He was grieving, of course, but he could take care of himself. He cried himself to sleep every night and avoided his mother's room because the memories haunted him. He talked to his parents, telling them about his life as if they were still there, listening to him every day.

The next day was the weekend, and Hobi told him he would visit with the kids. The boys missed him, and he looked forward to it. Meeting with them always lifted his spirits.

He woke up, took a shower, and put on a white shirt with blue pants. He made himself a cold coffee and, to distract himself, started reading a novel. He became so immersed in the book that he lost track of time.

The doorbell rang, and he looked at the clock-3 in the afternoon. He instantly stood up and opened the door, expecting to be greeted by two enthusiastic kids. Instead, his eyes widened when he saw Namjoon standing there in his work clothes.

"Ah, so you finally remembered me." Seokjin didn't mean to sound bitter, but it slipped out unconsciously as he stood in the doorway, hands on either side, glaring at Namjoon. After so many days, Namjoon had finally returned, and of course, Seokjin had missed him.

"Come, let's go," Namjoon said, ignoring his complaint. Seokjin raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"Where?" he asked, but Namjoon didn't reply. He simply turned and walked towards his car. Confused, Seokjin followed him, furrowing his brows.

"Where are you taking me?" he asked once he was seated and had secured his seatbelt.

"To get married," Namjoon replied casually as he started the car.

Seokjin choked on air, his hands freezing in the middle of tying his seatbelt.

"W-what?" he stammered, looking at Namjoon, trying to determine if he was joking.

Namjoon looked back at him with a raised eyebrow, as if not understanding why Seokjin was so shocked.

"To get what?" Seokjin asked again, blinking, thinking his brain was playing tricks on him.

"Married," Namjoon replied in one word. Seokjin looked around, then back at Namjoon.

"You're joking, right?" he asked. Namjoon just raised an eyebrow in response.

"No," Namjoon said again with a straight face.

"Where are the rings, then?" Seokjin's question caught Namjoon off guard. He had been so preoccupied with preparing the papers and other details that he had forgotten about the rings, and that bastard Yoongi hadn't reminded him either.

"I forgot about them," Namjoon admitted, taking a turn towards the marriage registrar's office.

"Wow, that's the treatment I'm getting? A court marriage without rings? You haven't even proposed to me," Seokjin whined, leaning back in his seat. He still thought Namjoon was messing with him because that's not how marriage worked.