Chapter 10

Chapter 10 

I am so fucking sorry for the long wait. Writer's block is kind of kicking my ass right now. 

Travis nodded. "23 seemed to have made her a better firefighter." "It did, Trav. I just wish she would've gotten a chance to be the captain here." Vic said, leaning against Travis as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "I hate this, Travis," Vic told him, voice cracking. "Things are never going to be the same without her." 

S19S19S19S19S19S19S19S19S19S19 

Robert went home after finding out that Andy was dead. He was on autopilot, he lost his family. He lost his first wife. He lost his best friend. And now he lost his second wife. He walked into the house, locked the door behind him and then went to walk upstairs but saw a picture of him and Andy from their wedding day. He never had the heart to throw it away. It made him tear up and he reached out to grab it and continued the walk upstairs. Robert got to his bedroom and got changed and sat down on the edge of his bed, looking down at the picture. Andy was stunning in that dress. Robert thought with a smile on his face.

Robert thought back to when he first joined the station. How Jack and Andy were his lieutenants and after working with Andy on that lost child call he just knew she would be a handful. He chuckled when he thought about when he stood up to him during the PD/FD training session on the anniversary of the death of Claire.

Maya was getting berated by Sullivan when Andy interrupted.

"We heard you, captain."

"Herrera, this doesn't concern you and..."

"it does, actually. We're teaching the basics on dummies today. This is an exercise. It doesn't count. Not enough to be singling Bishop out all day in front of the chief."

"Herrera..."

"You want to yell at me, go ahead. I deserve it. I'm picking a fight with my commanding officer right now, but don't kick Bishop around, not when she doesn't deserve it, not when she's one of the very best people you've got, and you have no business making It look otherwise."

Robert shook his head out of the memory and went to his bedroom to get changed. Robert sighed and sat on his bed after getting changed into some shorts. He was overwhelmed with more memories of Andy.

"You want to go again? No way. I can't." Andy told him, lying on the gym floor, tired from the sit-ups he was making her do.

"Oh, come on, Herrera. 10 more and you get to pick what we do next. Huh?"

"Why..."

"One," Robert counted.

"Are you torturing me? Don't you have other workout buddies?

"Two. Well, I was boxing with Warren until I punched him." Robert told her.

"Well, you need more friends," Andy told him as she was continuing to do more sit-ups.

"I got you. You're my friend. That's big for me." Robert told her, a serious look on his face, almost offended.

"Because you're not a very friendly person?" Andy asked.

"Yes, I am. When I want to be." Robert told Andy and she laughed as she got up, done with the sit-ups. "Come on. Come on where? You said I get to pick what we do next. I pick you coming with me, for hydrant inspections." Andy told him.

"You know, captains don't do hydrant inspections," Robert told her, standing up and looking at her.

"Not usually, that's true. But I want the company."