Chapter -15

(The cat in the picture is Cloverstar)

The patrol moved cautiously through the moors, the sun lighting their path by setting a fiery glow to every blade of grass that whistled in the wind. The patrol was on high alert, careful to avoid two-legs that the dawn patrol had seen; the clans could not deal with any more injuries.

Unfortunately, the patrol ran out of luck when they spotted a group of two-legs heading to Breezeclan camp, determination flickering in their unusual eyes.

"Two-legs are heading to camp!" one cat mewed furiously, her eyes glistening with fear and anger.

"Quick. We have to get to camp before them and evacuate before they attack!" Cheetahstar hissed, her hackles raised and bristling in the crisp morning air.

The patrol shared a whisper of agreement and they quickly sped over the hills, claws grazing the sharp blades of grass that seemed too peaceful for the cats' mood. The sun glared down at them as they rushed into the valley where the camp was located with bristling fur and unsheathed claws, promising blood if the two-legs attacked them.

"Everyone, gather around now!" Cheetahstar yowled, her voice filled with urgency as the clan cats gathered around her, eyes wide with fear as they watched the leader of Breezeclan yell orders in panic. "Two-legs are heading this way, we must leave now!"

"I want the most experienced warriors to rear and lead the clans, with the kits and queens protected from all sides", Cloverstar mewed, her voice radiating with authority.

In a panicked state, everyone complied, even the stubborn Ashclan cats followed the orders in fear for their lives.

"But where are we going?" a cat called out, making all the cats freeze; they had nowhere to go.

The silence rang clearly through the camp, drawling out hungrily over the crisp zephyr.

In a hushed tone, Sprucetail declared, her green eyes ablaze like smoldering embers, "We must journey to the mooncave. The medicine cats need to commune with Starclan."

As the sun climbed higher, casting long shadows across the moors, the patrol led the fleeing cats away from their disrupted camp. With every step, the urgency of their situation pressed upon them. They knew they needed a place of safety, a sanctuary away from the prying eyes of the two-legs.

Cheetahstar led the way with Cloverstar and Alderstar flanking her, guiding the clans toward the Mooncave. Ravenpaw kept close to her mentor, her young face set in a determined expression despite the fear in her eyes. They had to reach the Mooncave quickly, both to protect the clan and to seek the guidance of StarClan.

The sun began to rise higher as they neared the entrance to the Mooncave. The ancient, stone-tunneled cave was a sacred place. As they approached, Ravnepaw could feel the weight of their ancestors' presence, the silent vigil of StarClan watching over them.

Cheetahstar led the way up the final slope to the cave entrance. The cool, shadowed air greeted them as they entered. Inside, the cave opened up into a vast chamber, its walls glistening with ancient, mineral-rich deposits. The sacred pool, where the clan cats gathered to share dreams with StarClan, was calm and serene, its surface reflecting the clans

"We are safe for now," Cheetahstar said quietly, her voice echoing softly in the cavern. "But we must seek guidance from StarClan. We need to know how to protect our clan and find a new place to call home."

With that, the four medicine cats stepped forward and dipped their muzzles into the water, their eyes closed. The minutes passed by in complete silence as the medicine cats shared with starclan, twitching in their sleep.