002. dawg class

-- 𝓡eticent, Chapter two.

Narrator pov.
April 20, 2024
(real life)

   "ALRIGHT, we're doing another activity today. you guys might love this one. we're doing pilates," Kelsey Plum announced, clapping her hands. the girls looked around, seeing mats everywhere, "with puppies." that made them get excited, Ava practically squealed when she saw a small brown puppy wobbling her way.

She picked it up and started cooing at it, "i don't like animals but this one is cuteeee," Ava said to someone she immediately clicked with in the class, Saniya Rivers. Saniya smiled and pet the pup's head that was on Ava's shoulder.

"Finna go get me one too." Saniya said before she walked to a random mat. Ava sat the pup down and went to the mat beside Rivers.

"I'm so ready for the pictures to come out. i just know i looked good." Ava joked, referring to the pictures the entire group had to take, like a SLAM cover or something. Saniya snorted and agreed.

"Oh yeah, me and you both. and we was right beside each other, i bet we gave vogue." Saniya said, snapping her fingers making ava laugh out loud. the instructor started showing them some workouts while the puppies walked around them all.

They started doing the bridging exercise which wasn't too hard for Ava until she felt her lower stomach tightening. "shit nooo," Ava mumbled when she put her whole body on the mat.

"Come on, little hills! you can do it girl," Kelsey encouraged when she saw Ava had quit

"Girl my stomach is burning!" Avalon exclaimed, making the everyone laugh.

"That's what it's suppose to do." Georgia Amoore laughed from the mat on the left side of Ava.

They did more workouts and Ava didn't quit.

Afterwords they were able to get up and play with the puppies again, Ava had the same chocolate brown puppy that had wobbled over to her when they got there.

"Can I keep him?" She asked Kelsey, the older woman laughed and shook her head much to Ava's disappointment. a bit anticlimactic.

"Question." Kelsey said, with her hands on her hips.

"Answer." ava replied.

"What's up with you and kate? is there still some beef going on?" Plum rose her eyebrows, wiping her face with her shirt. Everyone knew of the 'beef' Kate and Ava had going on, even the women in the wnba. all because Ava was an expressive person when she played, so she never failed to target kate whenever sc played against Iowa.