005. apology

-- 𝓡eticent, Chapter five.

Avalon HillsMay 15, 2024(real life

Avalon Hills
May 15, 2024
(real life.)

YESTERDAY after kate helped me set up my room, she literally left fast as hell. she didn't say bye or you're welcome when i said thanks. she didn't look at me not one time. and i knew that was my fault, i shouldn't have said what i said. i just didn't want her to get too comfortable with me.

And i'm sure she told a'ja or kelsey about it.

I hate the fact that i feel bad, Kate Martin is hard to hate.

"What did you do to Kate?" I heard above me, I looked up and saw Kelsey and A'ja standing in front of me. they had stern mother-like looks on their faces. am i in trouble?

Lord, please don't let them make me run laps around the gym!!!!

"Uh- nothing? why?" i asked, i was sitting on the floor in front of my locker, putting on my shoes. A'ja snatched my left shoe away from me, making my jaw drop. "what was that for??"

"Because you need to tell the truth and nothing but the truth." A'ja pointed my shoe at me. "Kate looks like somebody killed her dog or something. she's all sad and shit."

"Yeah and Syd said she saw you two leave together yesterday so we figured you probably did something." Kelsey added, raising her right eyebrow.

I sighed and stood up, "She wanted to help me with my stuff in my apartment. and i let her help me. but then i told her that i still didn't like her. so i guess that's why she's sad." i answered, turning to my locker to take my jewelry off.

I felt someone grab the back of my jersey and pull me from my locker, "Come on, she's in the bathroom. apologize to her or im whooping your ass. your mom gave me permission." A'ja joked? i think.

She threw me into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I huffed and walked further into the bathroom, to see kate struggling with her hair in front of the mirror.

The bathroom is so bright that her hair looked even more blonde than it was. she looked so frustrated that i had no choice but to say something.

"You need help?" I asked. She didn't even look at me, but she rolled her eyes. oh? okay, i deserved that.

"I'm good."

I stood beside her, staring at her through the mirror. Kate looked genuinely angry at my presence. okay, i'll apologize.

"I'm sorry." i mumbled. my fingers tapped the counter, i was nervous. i'm never nervous, so why am i nervous now? "I wasn't trying to be mean when i said that i still didn't like you. i just don't want you to get comfortable with me."