004. made it

-- 𝓡eticent, Chapter four.

Avalon HillsMay 13, 2024(real life

Avalon Hills
May 13, 2024
(real life.)

I MADE IT on the roster. But, each team in the W can only have 11 or 12 players. and since Me, Kate or Dyaisha made it, that means that either one of us could still be waived at any moment. It could be only one of us, or if coach is feeling risky, she could waive two of us. so i'm still on my tippy toes about this.

We have our first game tomorrow, against Phoenix Mercury. which is my dad's favorite wnba team. I keep telling him that The Aces could be his favorite since i'm on the team but he refused. which is why i'm arguing with him on the phone right now, just playful banter.

"Say it with me. Las Vegas Aces is my favorite WNBA team." I said slowly so my dad would repeat.

"Phoenix Mercury is my favorite WNBA team." My dad spoke, nodding his head slowly. his bald head was shiny and greasy. He learned how to facetime a few months ago.

I huffed, and plopped down on the floor in front of my locker, The facility was so fancy... our lockers had big doors that would open like a closet, and our names and number were above. there were little couch seats in the middle of the floor. and the bathroom- fucking luxurious! My locker was in between Alysha Clark and Chelsea Gray.

"I'm unclaiming you as my father." but he was unfazed by my words.

"let me see the locker room. bet it don't look better than the Lakers. my little cubby was fancy. had my own rolling chair and eve- nevermind y'alls look way better." he ended his little rant when i had flipped the camera and showed him the locker room.

"Mhm, stop running your mouth."

My dad pointed his discombobulated finger at the camera, "imma come to Vegas and beat your lil ass. stop playing with me Dyana jr."

Just as i was about to respond, the girls came in the locker room. I got here late because of a doctor's appointment, and was suppose to be getting dressed. they were warming up and doing drills when i came in.

"lil bit, why you not out there on the floor?" Sydney said, pointing her thumb at the door. i made a 'yikes' face.

i turned the phone around so they could see my dad, "Andres called me." i answered, Sydney and A'ja ran to the phone and snatched it.

"Mr. Hills! the goat! nigga what you on my daughter phone for?" Sydney exclaimed, with a big smile on her face. my dad let out his old person laugh that you could probably hear from a mile away.