Chapter 7- Witchy!!

Carly's Pov
Salem was dragged out of the nursery by Charlotte and Mia on Friday morning. Salem and I have been messaging for a bit since her first day actually and have been getting along very well. Salem doesn't know when she is back in working but she is apparently to come up to visit me today to give back my hoodie. Why is she returning the hoodie it suits her more? She looked really cute in it and she been wearing it on our calls. Yes Salem and I call she likes checking up on me after our shifts and this weekends she been calling me after my shifts apologising that's not in. She really is a gentleman come to think of it always looking out for me. But I don't understand why is apologising for her broken arm. She won't talk about her broken arm something serious must of happened or it's an embarrassing story. I stop pushing for an answer as it made Salem uncomfortable I have also noticed. Charlotte has been quite on edge, her and Mia seem to growing closer Marjorie doesn't like it. But I don't see the harm yes Mia is the mean redhead but Charlotte looks happy isn't that all that matters? I walked back from the garden with my group of preschoolers I did a quick head count then heard a knock on the playroom door, I was expecting Marjorie. As Marjorie said she would be double checking on as it's quite tiring at the moment we are short staff. Marjorie is annoyed that Salem is off work because she was a miracle worker with the kids. Unfortunately as great as she was with the kids she never stopped for herself. It was Autumn at the door. What's happened for Autumn to come and see me? Have I done something wrong? Autumn looked at me curiously. "Carly everything going alright?" I nod as I take off everyone's coat and walk out to put them on there assigned pegs. "I'm okay I was expecting Marjorie no offence to you Autumn." Autumn at the doorway leaning on it with her arms crossed. "Marjorie is busy with Salem and while Marjorie deals with Salem. I wanted to ask your opinions on Salem as I'm you know something is up." I shrugged at Autumn. "It's not my place to say no is it Autumn?" Autumn looked surprised which is fair I'm normally always down to gossip. "Look Carly I know she doesn't take her breaks that's all I want to discuss why with you because all I want that sweet girl to be happy." I look at Autumn I have never seen act this way Autumn would usually care in her own way like get Salem a present make her feel appreciated. So for Autumn to show she is worried it means it's serious. "She doesn't value herself Autumn she will always put the kids firsts but she doesn't stop at the kids everyone else first then her." Autumn looks disheartened "Does Charlotte or Marjorie know?" I shake my head "No they are busy with there own things Marjorie flirting with Reece and Charlotte seems off but no one can place why" Autumn sighs in agreement.

Salem's Pov
I walked into Marjorie's office, I stand there playing with my sleeves looking at the floor. I was waiting for her to be done on the phone. Marjorie hangs up the phone. "Alright my love? I look up I didn't know how to answer. "Are you annoyed at me?" Marjorie looks at me shocked "I'm not annoyed at you I have missed you Salem and I'm more worried for you." I feel guilty for not being able to work because of my wrist another thing I did to inconvenience everyone. "I just came here to apologise as I don't know when I'll be back." Marjorie smiles at me "Salem it's okay Mia explain some of it to me" What she did? Mia did? "She did?" Marjorie sighs "Yes my love as much as we don't get along she made it clear you have broken your wrist and I need to look at for you and Char as she is worried, so is there something going that I don't know about? It is also your mum's 10 year anniversary here soon, how exciting!!" I look Marjorie "I believe Mia told you everything important and I'm aware Marjorie I'm very proud of her." Does Marjorie not know that I'm staying at Mia's does no one know this? I still can't be around my mum at home it hurts because I still feel I have done wrong so I'm staying a holiday house of Mia's. Mia dropped me off here and will be back soon she just needs to deal with Reecey. I still haven't met anyone from the sister nursery. Mia is being kind to me I fear it's because she knows I'm not okay I hate when I can't hide it from certain individuals, Mia, Autumn Carly. Oh Carly I'm here to see her and give her hoodie back. "I'm gonna go I'll hopefully be back soon Marjorie as I miss the kids." I wave bye "Get well soon my love" Marjorie shouted. I walk down the hallway from Marjorie's office wearing the red hoodie smiling at hearing Carly's voice as she settle the preschoolers. I stood at the doorway admiring Carly at work. "Witchy!!" I hear a little one say it was Grace a little angel I get along but shoot she just blown up cover. "Hey Grace how are you doing? It's Salem remember? Or Snowflake as that nickname has actually stuck that's to Autumn.." Grace raises her arms in the air and does grabby hands. It was clear she wanted me pick her up I sigh as I shouldn't be doing this but I can't say no to that adorable face. I pick up Grace and rest her on my hip. "Tank you Witchy" I chuckle at Grace she is always so grateful. "Is witchy my new nickname how do you even know about Salem linking to witches?" Grace nuzzles into me more and yawns. "Kitty called Salem" Ohhh she watched Sabrina The Teenage Witch that makes sense. "Shhh get some sleep Grace" Carly looking at me as I bounce Grace gently we she falls asleep. I smile at Carly with my cheeks heating up again.

Hope this chapter is okay sorry that I took a break I was debating on continuing writing but yeah here you go hope you guys like it.

Salem Saberhagen

This is the cat from Sabrina The Teenage Witch for those that don't know I personally loved this show :)