Chapter 6- Brave Girl

Salem's Pov
I was in the hospital as the doctors were worried about my wrist as it was broken but it was close to damaging my nerve. Which means they need to make sure they realign the bone to not cause further damage. I didn't care, I wasn't in pain and the bed was comfy. I heard a few whispers from the nurses worried about my weight. Was I overweight? Maybe these meal deals with Carly weren't doing me any favours but it put a smile on Carly's face so I should focus on the fact it made her happy but I can't keep. What is wrong with me? I feel like I don't deserve the food but yet I have eaten too much? I see my mum getting guided out of the room by some nurses. A few minutes later she returns her eyes watery as she glances at me. "You alright mum?" Charlotte nods and sits in the seat next to the chair. "Salem why haven't you been eating Princess your body needs food to heal that's why you are almost damaging your nerve because your body didn't heal fully from his hits." I glance at mum and look away, not able to look at her red stained eyes from all her crying. "I don't deserve food mum I'm no one special" I hear a scoff in the doorway. "Did he make you feel like that?" Great Mia has returned. I don't hate her. I just don't do well with strangers, specifically adults at the moment because if my dad lied to me and was hitting me because I was annoyed at mum. Does that mean all adults are untrustworthy? As mum was shocked that dad hit me so adults are naturally lying. Does that mean adults always lie? I don't know what to believe at the moment. The only person I trust at the moment is Carly but I don't want her to know what's going on. I don't want her worrying about me. Carly means so much to me she managed to break down my walls and see when I was struggling. I miss Carly. She must be so stressed without me. I feel bad lying to her before my shift but there's no way I could convince mum and her friend? Are they friends? Because I know Auntie Majorie can't stand Mia. Isn't her nickname the mean redhead? Mia looked at me impatiently like she was waiting for an answer. "What sorry? I was thinking about Carly" I feel my cheek heat up as I admit I was thinking about Carly I'm sure it's nothing. "Did your dad make you believe that you don't deserve food?" Mia asks frustrated. "Yeah but it's okay he's not wrong I'm no one unique was someone to be used for other people's gain" Charlotte gives me a death stare. "Princess you believe him don't you?" I nod. Of course I believe my dad was raising me. "Well I didn't have anyone else telling me otherwise so of course I believed him he's my dad. He's never wronged me before." A nurse knocks the enters "The doctor is on her way to realign Salem's wrist then myself or a fellow nurse will able a cast and you are free to go, anything that feels wrong Salem the smallest of thing please contact us and don't ignore it because if you damage that nerve you could lose feelings in your arm meaning moving it will be significant difficult." Mia darts a death stare at the nurse. "That’s it, put a cast on it and it will be fine? What about her neck why is bruised that badly?" The nurse sighs "Well with broken bones once corrected we would then hold the bone in place with a metal plate and screws to allow the bone to become one again. Unfortunately this time the metal plate and screws is going to cause more risk" Mia looks stunned with the nurse's answer she was prepared for that question. "As for the bruising it is just her skin that is damaged give it some time like a week to light if it darkens then we examine her again." The nurse crosses her arms shooting a death stare back at Mia. "I know what I'm doing thank you, I was expecting the mother to raise the questions but no the family friends asks, as I said the doctor is on her way." A few moments later the doctor arrives "As this will be a difficult procedure I ask for family and friends to stand outside please" Mum leaves the room and Mia follows behind. 

Charlotte's Pov
I look at Mia. She was still frustrated about something. "Why did you question the nurse like that? What's bothering you?" Mia glances at me. "It's nothing Char" I shake my head. "Don't lie to me I hate when people do that thinking I can deal with something because I'm sweet doesn't mean I'm fragile" I see Mia's face saddens. "What no, I don't think you're fragile I'm just more focused on you and Salem at the moment, you're right you are sweet" I smile at her calling me sweet I noticed she is looking away from me was she embarrassed admitting she thinks I'm sweet? The same nurse walks to us "Right we are ready we promise it isn't as bad as it sounds just treat Salem to something afterwards because she will deserve it." I nod understanding and thank the nurse "We will thank you" Mia looked shocked "We?" I laughed. "Yes Mia as she is not great with new people but I haven't seen her fidgeting or being restless so she trusts you more than others" Mia smiles at my comment she looks so cute. I admit her smile it's better than her smirk; it shows she has a heart. Salem screams in agony; she lets out a primal cry that rips through the air with a haunting intensity. The scream is high-pitched and raw, a continuous, piercing wail that seems to come from deep within her very core. I grab Mia's hand, stopping myself from running in there. I smile as she rubs her thumb against my hand. "She is doing so well and definitely gets her bravery from you." The doctor opens the door and nods. "All done she did extremely well and we have a cast on there she is free to go" Mia walks in first still holding my hand I wasn't complaining. "What do you want as your reward Princess, you did so well" I ask while Salem is getting dressed putting the red hoodie on. "A little help please" I helped her put the hoodie on. "Can I see Carly please?" Mia gasps "Out of everything you pick Carly really?" Salem nods ready to go. "Yes she is an excellent uhm friend" I noticed her slightly red cheeks someone definitely has a crush. 

I want to make it clear I don't know anything medical I just did it for story affect I apologise if it's not excautly medical accurate. I hope you like this chapter with slight Mialotte forming and new ship forming!? Carly and Salem yes or no? You decided.