Chapter 25

Dominic

I was surprised when she questioned me yesterday, expecting her to turn around and run after the night we had but she didn't. She stayed here when I asked and didn't back down when I proposed that she needed to learn a few things if she wanted to know the reality of what I live "Dominic?" Vanessa calls for me, I follow the sound of her voice towards my oversized balcony, but her eyes are stuck on the infinity pool ahead "Yes?" I ask, "Why do you have a fucking pool on the balcony?" She asks sounding genuinely confused "I like to swim" I reply.

"So why not get a house?"

"I like the view this high up"

She turns to face me "You sound so normal" I laugh at the comment "What exactly were you expecting me to be like? Creepy board with everything about you with an X over the face of the people I killed for you?" I ask, "You stalked me for a month" She states the obvious "I was intrigued by you" I reply "So you stalked your little sister's best friend, threw stupid innuendos at her until she finally gave in?" Vanessa runs through the events we have lived "It worked"

"Because I am gullible"

"You are anything but gullible, sweetheart, you played me just as much. Teasing me? Touching yourself thinking about me more times than I can count? Don't even get me fucking started on the stunt you pulled with that red thong and white shirt"

She smirks up at me defiantly but I just pinch her chin softly smiling at her, her eyes darken at my smile "Does my smile turn you on?" I ask, she doesn't reply but her eyes are attached to my lips as I talk. Vanessa licks her own but as I reach for her, she turns around and takes off towards the pool, pulling my shirt over her head and throwing it at one of the tanning chairs before diving in perfectly. I don't hesitate in following her, stripping down myself.

She swims up and turns to face me with a smile on her gorgeous face "We have a lot to talk about" she says while swimming closer to me "Like?" I ask "Like these lessons and Scarlett. She was all for me fucking you, but she won't be as cool when she finds out my biker stalker is her big brother"

"Backtrack, my sister was cool with you fucking your stalker?"

"She assumed it would get it out of my system"

"How much does she know?"

Vanessa flushes and I can't help but smirk down at her "You spent a month telling me I am the devil, but you were talking to your friends about me?"

"Of course," Vanessa smiles innocently up at me, I lean down and kiss her soft lips "We can tell the entire fucking world if you want, sweetheart, I am here for whatever the fuck you desire" I whisper, and she hitches a breath as if my words hit her somewhere I haven't seen yet "what is it?" I ask, "I uh *chuckles* my ex never gave me a choice even though I wanted it to just stay between us at the time" She replies "Your ex is a fucking asshole, I am the devil, there's a difference" I joke and she chuckles, "I think we should tell her soon, I can't keep lying to her. Scarlett was the first person to talk to me here, her and Zola mean the world to me" she admits "Scarlett is very important to me as well, she may try to kill me. But she won't be surprised"

"Am I not the first girl you've stalked?"

"You are, of course, there was only one other girl I liked, and she happened to also be Scarlett's friend. Though I never loved her, and we weren't exclusive either, I caught her with another guy, and she was the one who freaked out. She moved to New York" I explain and laugh at the hypocrisy I had to deal with "You have a type huh" she adds moving even closer to me "I do not"

"You like girls that seem vulnerable and gullible enough to play games with"

"Wrong"

"You don't like girls you can bend and break?"

"I like having control knowing I can break them with a single word. I like that power, watching hearts break so damn easily. But I like defiance more, a girl who knows when to raise her chin and fight back for what she wants"

"Hm"

"Hm what?"

"You keep proving me wrong"

Vanessa swirls, sinks down and swims away from me

"This self-defence thing you want me to learn," she says once she's come up again "What exactly does it include?" Vanessa asks and I swim towards her "Everything, you'll learn to fight and shoot and use anything and everything to your advantage" I reply "Is what you do so bad that I will need to learn to shoot if I want to be with you?" Vanessa asks looking up at me "Yes, I deal with very dangerous people, and they will stop at nothing to get back at me for the things that I have done. They think I kill without motive; I always have a motive and it's always in an attempt to rid the world of another fucking parasite" I explain and she nods as if she already knows all of this "So being with you may put me at risk?" She asks

"Yes"

"Okay"

"You're not scared?"

"I've spent this entire month trying to fight back my curiosity for you, Dominic, now that I've had a taste I never want to fucking stop"

"I told you, you would be my wife"

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves"

"And what about your future plans? How can you be with me and work for the goddamn FBI?"

"It's simple, you'll have someone on the inside" she whispers seductively coming so close to me her breasts press up against my chest, I look down at her watching every damn movement. I cup her face with my hands and lean down to kiss her "You should get some rest, training starts first thing on Monday. We tell Scarlett after Halloween, I'm sure you don't want to ruin your own fun before it starts"

"No, I don't"

"Mhm"

"This isn't going to be easy for you"

"Good things never are"

She stops me from saying anything else by pressing her lips against mine and I lose myself entirely focusing on her.

Mine

Vanessa Campbell is finally all fucking mine.