Chapter 31

Vanessa

"Scar, I can explain," I say, she jumps to her feet and I follow suit "How long did you know that it was him before you fucked him?" Scarlett asks "Scar" Dominic speaks up "How. Long?" She repeats, her tone venomously dangerous "Since he picked us up from the police station" I admit "You've known for a month?" She whispers betrayal written in her tear-clouded eyes "I didn't want to hurt you, Scar, especially after I couldn't fucking help myself with him. I- I tried to stay away, and I couldn't" I say tears clouding my own eyes "Get out" she whispers.

"What?"

"Get the fuck out, I need to not fucking see you right now Vanessa." Scarlett yells this time "Scar, please I'm sorry." I raise my hands "I was actually excited for you, I- I warned you about him so you would stay away from my brother, and you still fucked him? And you, again? Were you not satisfied fucking Trish? You had to go ahead and fuck her too? You did all of this shit and for what? I asked you to stay away from my friends and you went behind my back. So now I need the both of you to get the fuck out of here before I lose my shit" she snarls, I look at Zola who looks both disappointed and somewhat apologetic. "Scarlett" Dominic speaks up "It's not her fault" he continues "If you want to pick a fucking fight, fine, but you cannot do this to her".

"Of course, you're fucking protecting her. She is just as guilty of this, she is not a naive child"

"Scar" I whisper almost in unison with Dominic, she pinches the bridge of her nose "I said get the fuck out of here. Now" She says so calmly my entire body shakes "Okay" I whisper, I walk up to my room to pack a bag. Dominic follows me "You'll stay with me" he states "I can go back to campus," I say "No you're not. You're coming with me" Dominic says not giving room for argument here, not that I want to argue with him too. Other than Scarlett and Zola, he is all I have. So, I pack my things and change into leggings and a large shirt before walking back downstairs. The girls are still our back, but I can hear Scarlett crying from in here "Give her time" Dominic whispers grabbing my hand and leading me away from the house.

We ride in silence; I can't help but hold onto Dominic and cry quietly unsure of what I can do to fix this. Dominic guides me to the couch before putting my bags in his room and returning a while after "What do you want to eat?" He asks "I don't want to" I reply "Yes you do, I will order us some takeaway. I've run you a warm bath. Come on" Dominic says offering me a hand. I take it, following him to his bathroom before undressing and sinking onto the warm water with a sigh "I will be right back" he says tapping my shoulder, I nod and lean my head back while closing my eyes and just enjoying the bath.

Dominic comes to get me when the food arrives, I change into the black T-shirt that he left out of me and some underwear and meet him in the living room where he has set the McDonald's on the coffee table "Still a sucker for Chicken nuggets?" He smirks, I give him a soft smile and join him.

"She hates me" I speak up after a long while of nothing but the noises of rustling bags, Dominic looks over at me sipping on his Fanta with a frown "No she doesn't, I told you. She's mad because she found out in this fucked up way. She will come around; Scarlett doesn't accept anyone into her little duo and she automatically brought you in. She is really good at reading people and no matter how mad she is now, she will get over it soon"

"I hope you're right"

My phone buzzes

Zola: are you okay?
Me: yeah, how is she?
Zola: she's really pissed but she'll be fine
Me: what do I do Zo?
Zola: give her space, she'll let you know when she's ready to talk
I wish you had come to us about this. We wouldn't have judged
Me: I hate that I didn't
I didn't want to break it to her that this whole thing was because of her brother
Zola: I get it. I do.
Where did you go?
Me: Dominic's place, I was ready to go back to campus
Zola: I think that's the best place for you to be right now. I'm glad you're not entirely alone
Me: me too

I put my phone down and look forward, Dominic has put on Scream. I move my gaze to him and he smiles innocently "Comfort movie" he adds opening his arm, I move closer and lay on his chest as close as I can and he wraps his arms around me.

Dominic

I hate to be the reason for their fight. Scarlett and Vanessa are the most important people in my life. Vanessa was ready to tell Scarlett, and I told her to wait and now she's been kicked out of her own place because of that. I am not one to feel guilty, especially not over girls I fuck. But this is not what it is. I'm not just fucking her; I am entirely consumed by Vanessa. And Scarlett has a piece of my soul entirely chained to her, my strong-headed little sister. For the first time though, guilt is smeared in my consciousness at the shit I just created for the two most important people in my life. Being the reason that they're fighting and really fucking hurt.

Vanessa doesn't think I notice her soft cries, but I do. I notice it all. I've bombarded Scarlett with messages all gone completely unanswered, I can be a ruthless man, but I am man enough to know when I've fucked up. I need Scarlett to hear us out, I know she will eventually. But I need to know that she is okay. My phone vibrates

Scarlett: I'm fine, Dominic. Leave me alone

I don't reply to her, I have got the answer I needed. I wait until Vanessa has fallen asleep before carrying her to bed and tucking her in. Watching her sleeping so peacefully as if she wasn't crying a few minutes ago, tears I promised I would never cause. I brush her hair away from her face.

A part of me is excited to know that she no longer has to stay away from me, having her here in my bed and home until further notice brings her one step closer to giving her life over to me.