017.

july 26, 2018
———————————————————————————

july 26, 2018———————————————————————————

      "Babyyyy." Shai dragged out excitedly as the door bell rang. After successfully securing a win in the case, Izzy had gotten back in contact with Shai after the incident with his father. He was working on not directing his anger towards those who hadn't done anything to him.

Engulfing the man she found herself infatuated with into a hug, Shai caught a whiff of his baccarat cologne. Pulling away from the hug, Shai went to kiss his lips but was halted once she'd seen his face. Shai leaned in closer continuing to scan Izzy's face to be sure she wasn't seeing things.

Figuring that she could break the silence and release her inner thoughts, she watched him drop his head to look at the floor. "What happened to your face?" Shai gripped his face to continue her scanning

"Nothing." Izzy sighed continuing to let her inspect his face. "I bought you flowers, couldn't introduce to something and not be consistent."

"Awe Snookums."

He watched her walk over to the kitchen placing the flowers on her island. The purple flowers were very pretty and her others were slowly dying so he came just in time.

"You're really going to walk in and expect me to ignore your face?"

Izzy ignored her as he dug into the fruit bowl on counter grabbing a watermelon chunk. "When someone asks you a question, you answer." Shai folded her arms

"It ain't nothing for you to be worried bout."

"Well whoever did it fucked you up." Shai's statement got her the exact reaction she was hoping for. "I'd fuck them niggas up along with my pops, stop playin' with me."

"So your dad did this because?"

Shai hadn't heard a lot about Izzy's dad but she had heard about his mom and sister being present since he first blew up. It seemed as if every woman in his life was held at a high standard, that might've changed now but Shai didn't know that.

"Cause my momma ran into my elbow."

Izzy shrugged his shoulders heading into the kitchen to find himself a snack. "That sounds like something you pulled out of your ass." Shai shook her head

"Where the jalapeños?"

She watched him maneuver through the kitchen with a share size bag of ruffles. Once he found the jalapeños to the back of the pantry his stomach filled with excitement.

"What actually happened?"

"So we together for my aunt dinner and allat when Ares calls and everybody stop everything to cater to this dopey." Shai only nodded her head to let him know that she was listening. "He go to lying about his time being shortened and when he come home that we gon be a perfect family."