Unexpected attack

We have been traveling for hours and the moon was right in the middle of the of the world. The warriors didn't utter one word or even ask how far we are. There were about fifteen warriors I'm not really sure but there were a lot surrounding the carriage.

"Stop!"I command. I may not be the queen yet but when I speak they better listen or else I will escape.

They immediately stopped walking, the general I think,got off his horse and came over my side of the carriage. "Is there a problem my lady?" He ask with his head down.

The moment we entered the forest I kept on seeing movements in the dark. I know it's not the warriors because they all surrounding the carriage whenever we move but this figure moves fast like lightning and it's more than one. I've counted over twenty and I'm sure theres more waiting for us in front.

"Can you please check if my father gave a wooden flat box?" I ask politely.

The general nods his head and ask one of the warriors to check in the back. What I ment by that is,in the box is my great grandfather's sword,the heartless sword that's meant to slice any enemy into pieces just with one swing.

Another thing of my mother and her cruel life. She made sure I was trained everyday and every night,even if I was hungry or thirsty she made sure I do swordplay or know how to defend myself.  Now of that I'm greatful that she had taught me how to fight because back in the day I needed it at night whenever I go on my late night walk.

The warrior came back with the box that has different types of creative carvings on it. It was mostly a dragon and different shaped flowers. But that was just for show;the inside is sightseeing. Any man would die for this sword.

The general opens my carriage and helps me down the steps. The warrior bows down and holds my box up for my reach.  Opening the box I hand over the lid to the general and take out the massive sword that has become my best friend over the years.

With one sling to the left,the sound of a body falls to the ground alerting the creatures of the night and the warriors around me. They all pulled out their swords ready for attack while the general shields me from the dangers that lies behind in the dark.

"General give me one horse and three warriors and let them lead me to the palace while the others handles whatever is hiding in the darkness." I said looking at my surroundings.

The general nods his head and calls out four warriors and hands me over a black horse. "Take her highness to the palace in one peace. If anything comes in your way don't stop and keep on going. Protect her highness." General commands while the warriors nods their heads.

I hand over my sword to one warrior before throwing my legs over the huge horse and taking my sword back. The other four got on their horses as well and leads me away from what's about to come.

The moment we took off,shadows appeared out from their hidden spots and attacked the warriors that stayed behind but luckily they were prepared.

I made eye contact with one dark figure and his silver eyes looked dead. He shouted something making all heads turn towards us.

"Faster." I hold onto my slings as we rode our horse in the dark. The warriors ahead of Mr picked up their pace;looking over my shoulder, the same dark figure I made eye contact was behind us with two more figures and they looked blood thirsty which meant only one thing.

These are Flash eaters,and it seems like they haven't eaten for years.

The road felt like it was getting longer but the way we were riding our horses fast in the night I'm sure we will make it in time at the palace.