I.7 Lynette Hydradon

Auroris is large enough to occupy a fifth of Myalón's population. The new jackets are comfortable and pleasing to the eye with the space theme. When it comes to the holographic image of Novennéa though, Lynette is having trouble finding the right words.

The chamber fills with a few gasps. The sight of a flourishing planet draws their attention and leaves them speechless.

Lynette examines every aspect of her new home.

The exoplanet glows with tinted blue-violet oceans and collects over two dozen types of biomes. There are veins of mountain ranges, several spots of active volcanoes, a vast region covered in ice, oddly shaped islands, land structures and sources of water that pulsate different colors.

Two moons revolve around the planet, both equal in size. The one with the name Sarine written underneath it has a smooth cyan surface. The other moon named Flesk has intersecting ridges with black scars running along the top like rivers.

Lynette doesn't take her eyes off Novennéa. She's willing to reach out and trace the ocean with her fingers at the risk of embarrassing herself. It's Zaccur who stops her from doing so. "This planet is going to be your temporary home for thirty dials."

The Preeminent waves his hand across the planet and the image zooms in closer for an aerial view. "After revolutions of research, we now know that Novennéa is deemed habitable for generations to come. With the situation Myalón is facing, mounting this expedition is of vital importance."

"The Knyghts Voyage is the one and only option the Chancellor has narrowed down. In order to be fully prepared for planetary colonization, one neytive from each trybe must be present on the planet. We will be monitoring your mental and physical conditions once you enter the atmosphere."

While Zaccur rambles on, Lynette takes a quick look around the table. The other neytives have their own response and interest for the planet. Some appear excited, several look bewildered, a few share stern faces and one is inattentive.

Across the table from her, a neytive fiddles with one of her three tight black braids. Instead of looking at the planet, she is staring at Lynette.

The girl's skin is smooth and glossy. Her face is painted with symmetrical black lines and lips colored a black shade. Four pitch black eyes set themselves on Lynette with no sign of light in them. The neytive shifts her gaze back to Novennéa, acting as if she never looked her way a moment ago.

Zaccur draws his hand to the holocard and the image dissolves.

The lights flicker back on and Lynette can't help but notice she has a grin on her face. She's the only one with a smile on her face.

"Chancellor Prime expects you all to get along with one another before we reach our destination. She believes that a mere sixteen neytives can guide Myalón to Novennéa," Zaccur talks with an edge in his voice. "Personally, a part of me disagrees with her. 2'400 revolutions of war, fear, slaughter, betrayal, hatred and death can not be erased in one dial. I can see how some of you are looking at each other. For the sake of the Knyghts Voyage and Chancellor Prime, I will set aside my own opinion and focus on the matter at hand."

The chamber remains silent, much like when they boarded.

Lynette holds Zaccur's words to heart and can't blame him for saying it. Everyone sitting at the table has personally been involved with destroying Myalón. Even though she didn't do anything, she must bear the weight of her trybe's past.

Zaccur heads to the doors, but turns back, "Are there any questions?"

A chair scratches against the cold metal floor. Lynette watches a neytive with tousled black hair and caramel skin present himself. The hole in his chest exposes his heart for all to see. She knows he's the Vitares neytive.