I.8 Pax Ra-Dimar

There are moments when Pax feels lucky for being mute. Sneaking out without being noticed by others is one perk. The Vitares and Hydradon neytives have their own problems to deal with. If they end up using their triggers, that's on them.

He's the first one out the doors and turns to make sure nobody is following him. Pax decides to take his own tour of Auroris.

As he walks through the corridors, he unwinds the layer of linen covering his hands. Wrapping and unwrapping is a tick that he has grown accustomed to in the past. It's usually out of curiosity and nervousness. Underneath the cloth is a bronzed hand like the rest of his body. He wraps it back up once his skin is hit with cold air.

The detour leads him to a pair of doors, three times bigger than the Celestial Chamber and merging with another level above him. On the wall to the right are the words 'Integration Cube'.

It's a vast cube-shaped room that is equally the size of the pyramid he was imprisoned in. The walls are smooth, but warm to the touch. The heat punctures through the cloth on his hand. The room itself is white with a tinge of green along the edges of each panel. At the center of the room is a thin podium with a holographic interface. The screen displays sixteen individual orbs making a circle around the Myalón symbol.

Pax lifts three fingers to the interface and an orb moves to the center. It reads 'Isle of Ra-Dimar.'

Instantly, the floor changes from a polished white to sandy dunes. A blazing sun is placed on the ceiling and a clear sky is draped along the walls. The room then spits out large molds of objects in random places. The Integration Cube is recreating the landscape of his isle. Pyramids, spires, bridges, temples and other monuments rise out of the sand.

The screen reads 'Ra-Dimar Integration Complete.'

He's bewildered at how the cube is an exact replica of his island. The heat radiating from the walls makes it feel like he never left the island. In the far off corner of the cube, there's a pyramid that brings back a flood of memories. A place he once called home.

Before he was imprisoned, Pax remembers using his claws to make that home along with his father. His mother would carve their family insignia along the exterior of the pyramid, while his sister would work on the altar at the top. They would lay out foundations and etch prayers on the walls. His father would give him the task of painting their pyramid. Both his parents knew how much he enjoyed painting. To ask him to cover their home in vibrant colors was an unforgettable memory. It was one of Pax's best moments before the Trybal War began.

The cube has a cruel sense of humor. The home that was built by a family now lies in ruins.

He was hoping to wander around the cube for a little while longer, but that's no longer an option when an uninvited guest shows up.

A neytive is crouching on top of a support beam for a bridge that stretches diagonally across the cube. Pax remembers the neytive speaking Trillician in the chamber. He's not wearing his new jacket but his old clothes, and his untamed pitch black hair points in all directions.

Xen crawls down the bridge vertically, head first, and doesn't take his eyes off Pax. Once he is halfway down the bridge, he stops and turns upright to greet him. His fingers and toes dig into the stone like nothing. He begins trilling, but Pax doesn't understand what he's saying.

The Wavotio takes his right hand out of the sand and points to his ears. He's asking if Pax is hearing impaired.

He shakes his head no.

Xen smiles at the response. He points his hand to his throat and back to Pax. His tail swings eagerly behind him.

Pax is getting bothered with Xen's presence in the room. He reaches behind him and grabs a small leather pouch attached to his pants. A stream of sand pours out and levitates in the air. He draws his hand out and twitches his fingers.