I.6 Branton Inphernos

The astral vessel passes by Hexue, the sixth ice planet in their system. It's pleasing to the eye with its swirls of lavender and turquoise ice caps, glaciers and spires. In reality, it's uninhabitable and hostile for any neytive to live on. The moon, Vross, revolves around the planet at a vertical angle. The temperatures on the surface are cold enough to reach Auroris.

Branton despises the cold.

He prefers the scorching environment that his isle offers him. He misses the volcanic heat searing his skin and the blazing sun with triple digit temperatures.

For now, he'll tolerate the cool compartment that is personally his.

The unit somewhat resembles the room Branton was placed in on the tidal vessel, but there are more things to appreciate on Auroris. The bed is three times the size of his own back on Inphernos, with silk woven sheets, pillows and two thick blankets made from ommyx fur. The room was also specifically designed to appeal to his isle, which sort of eased his troubled mind. The only thing missing from this wonderful space is his brothers.

This is the first time Branton has been away from Heath and Flint, since the end of the Trybal War. The hollowness in his chest keeps growing and pressing against his ribs, but he'll never show it on his face.

Branton turns his attention to the case laying on his bed. He received it from the neytive who greeted him before he boarded the vessel. There wasn't much in the case, just a new outfit.

A black jacket, outlined with silver and the color of his trybe, scarlet red. Splashed across the jacket is a design mapping out the stars seen from Myalón. Branton takes the jacket and drapes it over his body, soon realizing it's twice his size. It's too ridiculous that he might trip himself just for standing in place.

He finds a small mechanism stitched into the wrist on the right sleeve. It's a small button shaped into a pentagon.

One push punches the air out of his lungs. He looks to see the jacket has compressed itself to outline his chest, torso and arms.

Branton catches his breath and messes with the hood. He decides to leave it alone. There are several holes along his spine in various shapes. It takes him a moment to protrude his spikes and push them through the holes of the jacket. He also notes how the fabric isn't irritating his scales. The jacket is molding with his body like a second skin.

Chancellor Prime isn't wasting any time or resources to make sure the Knyghts Voyage is a success. He's starting to warm up to her, on the inside.

The rest of the items inside the case include a pair of pants and gloves, styled and designed like the jacket. There are shoes that are easy to slip into and a pair of goggles that resemble Chancellor Prime's and her neytives. The goggles look slimmer around the frame and less dense on the lenses, where the goggles the Chancellor wears are bulkier and scratched.

Branton pulls the new pants on, replacing his own and finds another button at the center of the waistline. He holds his breath and pushes the button, letting the rough fabric tighten around his legs. He purposely summons his fracture ability and exhales fire.

He's about to finish the outfit with the shoes until a gravelly voice fills the room. "Attention, candidates. Please make your way to the Celestial Chamber for the debriefing. All candidates are advised to report to the Celestial Chamber, nowhere else."

Branton slips into his new shoes and heads into the labyrinth of Auroris.

The corridors stretch on forever with the lights giving off a beige glow along the edges. His sense of direction isn't one of his finer qualities, but he's sticking to the arrows and words etched on the walls. The elevators should be located three corridors across the rooms.