I.11 Jiro Quadiant and Jarl Tripiant

After a long first dial, Jarl falls onto his bed. The effects of sleep take over as he stares up at the ceiling.

Covering the ceiling is a mural inspired by the Tripiant trybe. Pink, rose and magenta blend and swirl in a mesmerizing way. A beautiful piece of art that he can't look away from. It reminds him of the portals he can create with his space trigger.

Even though he wasn't a part of any quarrels, he felt tired all dial. This feeling has stuck with him back on Myalón. Perhaps it's the shock of becoming a candidate. He does feel better after meeting the Aurist though. There were no more headaches once he ate the Hexell berry.

Now that he's by himself, Jarl whistles with a soft tone. There's a tune in the back of his mind that has remained since birth. He only does this when he's alone or in a happy mood. Meeting Sagea, savoring the berry and using his trigger in public made him feel good in many ways.

Out of nowhere, there's a rapid tapping coming from the door. Jarl stops whistling, jumps out of bed, and walks slowly across the room.

Before he reaches the handle, a vague humming is heard on the other side of the door. A feeling of nostalgia hits him once he listens intently to the humming. It sounds like the tune he was whistling earlier.

He opens the door to find a tall neytive standing before him with confidence. His dark hair and tanned complexion is radiating intimidation.

Jarl speaks first, "Who are you?"

"Jarl," the neytive barges in and shuts the door behind him. Jarl stumbles back and feels as though he might get attacked in his own room. He prepares himself to use his space trigger and flee, until the neytive speaks again. "It is me."

"What?" Jarl's willingness to defend himself disappears.

"Just give it a moment," the neytive stands still in the center of the room.

After a while, Jarl notices the neytive's skin change pigments. His even tan changes to a pale complexion similar to Jarl's. His hair changes as well. It looks like it's pulling itself back into his scalp. The strands of dark blue hair become a lighter shade. The neytive is shrinking as well, to match an equal height to Jarl. The color in his eyes turns into a pair of heterochromic colors, one black and one brown. Jarl has one brown and one black.

One distinct feature that Jarl is drawn to is the gem on the neytive's arm. The large diamond embedded on his bicep moves itself down his left arm and stops at the center of his palm. Jarl's round pearl is placed on the opposite hand, his right palm.

"Jarl," the neytive opens his arms wide, hoping for a hug.

The name slips out as a shout. "Jiro!"

Jarl takes a careful step forward before running into Jiro's arms, smiling and laughing for the first time in his life. Jiro laughs as well when he can't hold his stance and they both fall to the floor.

Jarl begins a long rant of questions. "How are you here? I did not see you get on the vessel. Who were you just now? I thought I would never see you again. I missed you so much. Did you sneak onto Auroris? When..."

"Calm down," Jiro pulls both of them back to their feet. "I am here, and I missed you too."

Jarl still can't believe his brother is standing in the same room as him. Once his thoughts become clear, they sit down on his bed and resume their hug.

Jarl breaks the silence first. "How?"

Jiro gets comfortable and prepares to explain his part of the story. One thing Jarl remembers about his brother is that he likes to explain everything in detail. "When the Chancellor arrived on our isle, the Quadiant preeminent gathered the neytives in the village. She announced the candidate and he stepped forward. The neytive you saw was the candidate that was supposed to be here. His name is Horakio.