I.9 Sagea Aurist

After the incident in the Celestial Chamber, Sagea's thoughts drift to the only place worth visiting. It takes her a while to find the place where neytives can gather and exchange pleasant conversations.

There's a set of elevators near the bow of the vessel that has a list of rooms etched into the side. The room she's looking for is located on the upper levels. She enters the elevator and rises up.

The soft mellow chimes ring linger around her until the doors open.

Sagea pushes strands of her colorful hair away to take in the beautiful room.

The Dining Pavilion is a massive circular room with panes of glass surrounding the edge. It offers a 360 view of space and the stars beyond its reach. The strange design to the room is how the windows look as if they aren't really there. The pavilion has two levels for dining; tables, chairs, fixtures and plants set accordingly to make one feel at ease. The levels might appear to levitate above each other to some neytives, but there are still windows. The elevators are placed in the center of the room, and two sets of stairs spiral from the depths of the vessel to the upper floor.

Everything in the Dining Pavilion draws Sagea into a state of euphoria. The elevator doors close and descend back into the vessel.

She turns around to find a spread of food on a long sleek table. Every single piece of food and beverage, one could have on Myalón, rests on heating and cooling surfaces. There are even labels placed in front of several items, identifying the isle they came from and the ingredients they're made with. Sagea doesn't bother with the things that are from her trybe; instead, she goes straight for the other trybes' food.

She reaches out for several trybal marked items; food from Vitares, Aither and Wavotio and drinks from Lunilla and Inphernos. After covering her entire tray, Sagea finds the nearest table and takes a seat. She bows her head and whispers a quick prayer for the food.

The first item Sagea picks up is a protein from the Wavotio trybe. It's seared around the edges and sprinkled with spices. A portion of the bone sticks through it, possibly a piece of a rib or a femur. She rips off a strip of meat and takes a bite. Her taste buds tingle from the flavor.

The second item she eyes is a beverage from the Lunilla trybe. An indigo liquid with gold foam at the top. Small green leaves stick to the foam and emit a strong alluring smell. She doesn't stop drinking until there's half left.

If any Aurist neytive noticed Sagea even looking at any protein, they would toss her over the docks. She was never bothered with the problems of meat. Most of the neytives on Aurist would stick to the necessary diets to live longer. On Auroris, she felt free from the stress of maintaining her trybe's many traditions.

Diving back into her meal, Sagea takes a break to hear faint footsteps echoing in the pavilion.

Ascending from the stairs is a young boy with bright pink hair that hides his face. He's swaying side to side and rubbing a hand over his shoulder. His left hand is gripping something that she can't recognize.

When he reaches the top, he looks over at her, not moving for a moment until he keeps walking. He climbs up the next set of stairs leading to the floor above her. The boy sits down at the first table he comes across, and lays his head sideways facing the window.

Sagea has seen so many neytives on her isle suffer after the Trybal War. Those who have lost families, those driven to starvation and those who have become broken and violent. The look that the boy gave her felt painful. It's the look that tells her that that boy has given up hope too many times before. She wonders what he had to go through on Myalón.

Recalling what the boy was doing earlier, Sagea grabs a fruit and makes her way to the stairs.

She talks with a calm tone while moving up the stairs. "Excuse me? I noticed you were rubbing your shoulder and looked ill."