CHAPTER 21

♡ (random) A/N: giggles as I twist my hair and kick my feet *definitely not a spoiler or anything :3...*

Several tiring classes later, it was now the end of the day. You felt your heart pounding against your ribcage at the thought. Dear goodness.. It's going to be so awkward.

Putting your bag over your shoulder, you approach Tsukasa by the classroom door. "Uhm, Tsukasa.. I'm.. going to Rui's house again. For the project.. So please tell Saki I won't be home until later." You said.

Tsukasa seemed surprised but he just nodded and smiled brightly, as per usual. "Of course, dearest [Y/N]! I will! I hope you two have fun!" He then waved to you, telling you goodbye as he walked off.

You felt your adrenaline rushing. You were so scared to even approach Rui.. but you needed to. You had to, no matter what. So you just sucked it up, and walked to the front entrance where Rui and Nene were standing.

"Uhm, sorry I'm late, I was.. talking with Tsukasa." You said, making Rui and Nene turn to you. Nene shook her head. "It's okay.. We weren't waiting long." She said.

Sighing in relief, you looked back at Nene. "Thank goodness," you murmur. "So are we going now?" You asked, and Rui awkwardly nodded in response.

"Yes, we.. are." Rui said with his usual cat-like smile but it seemed full of awkwardness at the same time. God it was so painful to even breathe the same air as him... THAT is how awkward it was.

The entire walk was somewhat silence, with Rui and Nene next to each other and you following behind. You and Rui never interacted the entire time; it was either Nene and Rui talking, or you and Nene.

As you three walked through the streets of Shibuya, with the sun shining down on you and a small breeze in the air, you were mainly spaced out unless Nene was talking to you. You just stared at nearby buildings, houses, trees and other things as your hair swayed in the wind. Your expression was just blank the entire time, and a few moments would lead to your eyes almost watering from drying out since you never blinked at all due to spacing out.

After several moments, the three of you arrived by Rui and Nene's houses. At that moment, Nene turned to you and Rui, playing with her own hair nervously. "Well, I'll see you two tomorrow. Bye Rui.. [Y/N]..."

You waved Nene goodbye and at that moment, your heartrate just escalated once more. Your mind was all over the place and thinking rationally was suddenly out of reach.

Rui waved bye to Nene too. He didn't say anything to you and just signaled you to follow him as he opened his front door. His mother who was in the living room, approached you two. "Ah, it's nice to see you again [Y/N]!" She smiled at you. "I assume this is for the project, yes?"

You nod flusteredly. "Uhm, yes. I-It is..." Rui's mom smiles more at you in a warm way. "Alright! I'll start making dinner in a few moments. Do you want some too, [Y/N]?"

Once again, you nod but more bashfully. "If.. it's not a problem, then sure."

"Ah, of course not! I wouldn't have offered otherwise. I just want to make you comfortable during your time here. Now you two go have fun, alright?" Rui's mother waved you both off as Rui lead you to his room.

As the two of you awkwardly approached Rui's bedroom door, you kind of asked him a question impulsively, and without thinking about it; "Are you okay?"

When Rui heard those words stumble from your mouth, he turned to you surprised. "..What?"

You pause upon realizing that you said that. You shake your head. "Uhm, nothing. Don't worry."

......

When the two of you walked into Rui's room and when he shut the door behind you, he began to murmur something. "No..."

You perk your head up at his words. "I.. I knew it."

"I know Nene told me what you said but I feel a little.. unsure. You know?" Rui admitted. He knew he couldn't hide it from you any longer so he decided to just be honest.

"Uhm, yeah but.. I mean what I said. I promise.. Nothing can change that. I'm not sure what made you feel like that, and I'm sorry for it, but I swear to you that if one thing's for sure; it's that I don't hate you. I could never." You mumbled, feeling awkward. You really were trying to help him feel better, you were... So you were hoping it'd work. You just wanted him to be himself once more. "So.. please stop being so hard on yourself."

Rui paused, looking at you. He just nodded, smiling gently. "Right.. thank you, [Y/N]." He said softly, crossing his arms at you.

Wow, that actually worked, you thought. You were beyond surprised but it made you feel better... You smile back at Rui softly in return. "You're welcome.. I- I was just... trying to make you feel better." Admitting that flusteredly, you fidget with your hands for a moment.

"..Fufu, what's with the nervous look?" Rui teased you slightly. He seemed to be himself again.. which the thought made you smile just a little.

"Nothing.. Don't get any weird ideas." You tried to sound (jokingly) offended and annoyed, but your smile completely ruined that for you.

Rui smirked a little. "Hm? I'm getting weird ideas?" He asked, before eventually pouting and looking sad at you. "I am not.. So cruel of you to assume such a thing..!"

You scoffed in annoyance, playfully flicking Rui's forehead; not enough to hurt him but enough to make him feel it. "I think that's the natural thing to do; assuming you're getting strange ideas.."

"Really now...? So mean.. Y- You're not even showing a sliver of remorse for saying that either..!" Rui sniffled, before eventually smirking. "Maybe I should just...?"

At that moment, Rui then flicked your forehead in return. "Oh, you... So that's how you're gonna do it, huh?" You frowned, then flicking his forehead back. Then he flicked yours... And so on and so forth. It kind of turned into a playful fight, where you two just chased each other around his room sort of to flick each other's foreheads back and forth. To be honest, it was kind of childish but you had fun with it and so did he.

You two continued your little chasing, and you were trying to get him one last time when you suddenly tripped over something in his room and you collapsed into him. You both didn't fall onto the floor but you nearly did. The two of you were obviously embarrassed since your faces were close, but you took the moment to finally flick his forehead again.

"There we go." You murmured, standing up straight in slight embarrassment. Rui chuckled a little, trying laugh off his fluster. "Uhm, are you okay?" You asked Rui.

Rui nodded. "Yeah.. and.. are you?" He asked and you nodded as well.

"Yes... but.. we should probably stop fucking around and actually work on the project." You mumbled, which made Rui chuckle even more. But he agreed.

"Fufu... Yeah, we should."