~Chapter Eighteen~

↳-The Present-༉‧₊˚✧

"You both should head back

"You both should head back. I'll see you in the morning," Skyler tells the two, leaving no room for argument. Red and Chloe nod and act like they are going only to hide in some bushes not far away.

After the two girls "leave," Skyler looks at the woods around her. "I know someone is there. Just come out."

Hook emerges from behind a tree, holding a sword. "Why are you out here?" he questions.

"Funny, I could ask you the same thing."

"You know I'm going to have to take you to Uliana," he says, pointing his sword at her.

She raises her hands in surrender. "You might be cute, but no."

Red and Chloe watch the scene with unease before Chloe stands up and tosses Skyler her sword, "Skyler, catch."

The Pirate turned, startled, "Wait! You're with the new kids?"

"And you're helping Uliana destroy Bridget?" Skyler asked, faking shock.

"You are a traitor!"

"And you're a jerk!"

With that, Skyler attacked. She couldn't believe Hook was siding with Uliana. Skyler ducked her head as he swung at her, but not before he cut her hair tie, causing her hair to fall into her face.

She quickly looked up and pushed her hair back.

"Stop this at once! I can't fight you!" Hook said, stickling to defensive moves as Skyler's swordplay backed him down a path.

"Why not?" she asked.

"You're my girlfriend! I don't want to fight you."

Chloe and Red were shocked at the revelation. Skyler took a small swipe at Hook. She wasn't aiming to hit him; she just wanted to give him a warning.

"Perhaps I should reconsider." Hook was taken aback by her behavior and grew angry. "Do you really want to do this?"

Skyler hit her sword against his, and that gave him his answer. He ducked as she swung her blade again and took a swing at her, which she ducked under.