~Chapter Ten~

↳-The Present-༉‧₊˚✧

"Hiyya

"Hiyya." Hook said from her right.

"Don't look so sad, cousin," Morgie said, trying to get her attention.

"Why am I sitting here?"

"Can't I just hang out with my favorite cousin?" Morgie pouts.

"I'm your only cousin. You want something?" She questioned, raising a brow.

"I knew my little star was a smart one." Hook teased, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"Well, we are curious about your new friends," Hook said, pointing at Red and Chloe. The boys were slightly protective of the girl.

"Skyler, light the fireplace, would you?" Merlin asked the girl.

"Sure." Skyler got up from her "new" table and walked up to Merlin by the fireplace, holding her hand out towards it. "Incendia."

"Well, done." He gives her a quick pat on the back.

"I mean... uh ..." Chloe stammered, "Ella. Hi, nice to meet you!"

Stunned, she joined her new lab partner, the younger version of her mother, at her table. Ella was seventeen, not the elegant and strong princess she would become.

Her tangled curls, fresh face, and hand-me-down clothes held together with patches were a strange sight for Chloe.

Ella gave Chloe a weird look. It's probably because of the "mom" comment.

"Okay, new girl, let's dive in," Ella said.

Across the room, Red stood at a lab station with Bridget. She felt a mixture of confusion and terror. This sweet and smiley bubblegum-haired girl decked out in shades of pink couldn't possibly be the same person as Red's mother.

"So, wait-you're ... Bridget? Bridget from Wonderland?" Red asked.

"Yep, that's me!" Bridget said. Red couldn't help staring in disbelief.