003

Henry

A couple days ago, i accidentally... no sorry, I chose to overhear the conversation Davina and her coach had.

I didn't mean to eavesdrop, not at all. But I was in the locker room when they started arguing right in front of it, and I couldn't help but listen.

So basically, her coach is her stepdad and she seems to despise him. I don't know, but I feel bad for her. Her coach- or stepdad or whatever, is kind of a jerk.

Anyways, when I get to practice, early like always. I see Davina skating again. But she's not skating alone. She's skating with a guy, most likely that Ben guy her coach was talking about.

He was a tall dude, longish blonde hair, and his face is annoyingly perfect. He's handsome, annoyingly so and I can tell he knows it.

I watch them practice, and it's perfect, well because she's involved, but, even with him there it's still perfect.

I feel weird. I don't know why. I don't like seeing her skate with this guy. What makes it funny is I've only had one conversation with Davina, and that was a while ago. So I don't even know why I feel like this.

But then I was brought out of my thoughts by her voice.

"Would you quit grunting every time you pick me up?"

Well.

The guy, or Ben, rolled his eyes, "it's called exertion, love. You try picking up a full-grown woman and lifting her over your head without making a sound."

Now I'm mad.

"Maybe you need to start working out, you twig." She snapped back at him. Almost made me laugh. Ha! Twig. Funny.

Ben huffed, annoyed. "Excuse me? I'll have you know I work out plenty, thank you very much."

"Only in your dreams—" she tried to bite back, but someone cut her off, I recognize the voice as her coach.

"Quit arguing, you two! And go again!"

I honestly don't know why I'm watching whatever is happening, I think it's because she's there. I don't know. I don't know anything about her. I only know that she's beautiful and mean, but that's about it.

Ben just shot Davina a glare before they got back to whatever routine this is.

I can't help but crack a smile. This girl, she had quite the attitude, but she could hold her own.

Davina

My coach meant it when he said I'll be partnering up with Ben, because right now we're skating together.

I'm not going to lie, he is nice. But his sarcastic comments are kind of mean, but I'm like that too so I don't mind.

He's lifting me into the air, grunts, then sets me down.

"Would you quit grunting every time you pick me up?" I'm being sarcastic, because I know if it was someone even stronger than Ben, they'd still be grunting. I know how hard it is to just lift someone up into the air.

He rolls his eyes, sending a sarcastic remark back at me. "It's called exertion, love. You try picking up a full-grown woman and lifting her up over your head without making a sound."

"Maybe you need to start working out, you twig." I almost laugh at my own words. I don't, but I do crack a small smile.

"Excuse me? I'll have you know, I work out plenty, thank you very much." He huffs.

Honestly, at first I thought I wouldn't like him, but now I think he's kind of funny.

"Only in your dreams—" my coach rudely cuts me off.

"Quit arguing, you two! And go again!" He yells in that annoying tone. I hate it.

Ive been using the word "hate@ too much recently. I should stop.

Ben shoots me a playful glare before we both get back to position again.

Before we start, in the corner of my eye I see a guy walk away. When I turn my head, it's the same guy who rudely interrupted my routine earlier this week.

I don't know what to think, he's been watching me practice a lot. I mean I don't mind, but it's just weird.

Now that I'm thinking back to that conversation, I can't help but think about how rude I was. Wow, I was really rude, and for no reason too. He just wanted to talk to me.

Am I a bad person?

No, I just speak before I think.

Well, I'm mentally apologizing to that guy for being so rude. Don't know his name, don't know who he is, but I am apologizing.

The music starts to play again, and me and Ben start the routine.

❄︎

(A/N: I know this was super short but I didn't really know what to do.

And also, if you're confused about this chapter, here's context.
Henry thought that Ben genuinely meant the rude things he was saying to Davina, he didn't know he was being sarcastic and thought the conversation was actually true.
Davina knew Ben was being sarcastic and played along with it.

Anyways, have a great day/night!)