009

Davina

"Are you sure I can stay over tonight?" I ask Amelia.

"Yes, of course. If you're not feeling safe in your own home I will welcome you in mine at any time. And you know that, V." Amelia says, her arm on my back as she leads me to the living area.

"Thank you." I say, taking a seat onto the couch.

❄︎

We talk for about an hour until I get up to go use the restroom.

For some reason, outside of the bathroom door there's a big window facing it. A lot of people have been keeping the door opened so whoever is outside looking through the window can probably see into the bathroom.

I close the door. I don't want creeps looking at me.

I only go in to make sure my makeup isn't messed up. I don't want to be walking around looking crazy.

I wash my hands then when I walk out I look at the window. A man is standing there, looking directly at me.

Maybe it's just a drunk guy staring at me. No, he looks like he's pushing 60. It still can be a coincidence.. right?

When I start walking again his eyes follow me. This is definitely not just a drunk guy.

When I get to the living area I grab Amelia's arm and pull her up.

"Can we go?"

She nods. "Yeah, do you want to run by your apartment for cloth—"

I cut her off. "No. I'll use yours."

"Okay." She looks at me for a second. I can see the worry on her face. "You okay?"

I nod, giving a small smile. "Yeah, I'm just.. tired and wanna go home."

"Okay." She says and we walk out to her car.

When we get to her car and start driving I decide to try and make the air less uncomfortable.

"So, I heard Alex finally asked you out." I say.

Almost immediately a super big smile forms on Amelia's lips.
"Yeah, he did."

That's what we talk about the whole way to her house.

❄︎

After we get to Amelia's house, I shower and now we're just talking in her room.

"So, Henry." She says.

I sigh. "What about Henry?"

"Would you date him, yes or no?" She says, giving me a look.

"I don't know." I say, rolling my eyes.

"It's a yes or no question, say yes or no." She says.

"No. I would not date him—" she cuts me off.

"Ehh, wrong. The answer was yes, you would date him." She smiles.

"But I would not date him." I say.

"But you would, because you look at him like you would. And y'all would look so cute together!"

This girl has such a huge brain, it surprises me how much she can think of. I haven't even known the guy for that long, and this is what she thinks.

"Mel, I am genuinely concerned what goes on inside your brain throughout the day." I say.

"A lot." She nods her head at nothing.

I roll my eyes, a smile tugging at my lips.

"Soo, how's partner skating with Ben been?" Amelia asks, plopping down next to me on her bed.

"The same; we do the routine, mess up and have to start over again. Tomorrow we're back on the ice, so, yay."

"You don't sound happy about that. Why?" She lays down on her stomach.

I shrug. I don't know why, but recently with everything that's been happening to me lately, skating is the last thing on my mind. "I just have no motivation." That is the last thing I'd ever say about figure skating, but here I am, saying it.

"You having no motivation to skate? Yeah, no. That's not the Davina I know." She taps my leg.

I roll my eyes.

I'm about to say something else when there's a knock at her door.

"I'll get it." I say, and get up before she can say anything.

When I get to the door and open it, no one is there. I look down. There's a note.

"Wherever you go, I will be. Don't run from me."
On the back of it is a picture of me and Amelia laughing just now in her room.

❄︎

(A/N: I know this chapter was super super short, but I've literally had no motivation and no idea what to do with this chapter. I also recently started school again, and have been holding this off for a week.

I have so many good ideas, but I know that I can't get to them till later on. So if you guys have any ideas before that please please lemme know because I would love it.

Also, I know not a lot of people are reading this, only a few, but to the people who are and to the people who are trying, I appreciate you. Like genuinely, I know my writing is horrible, but seeing at least one person read one of the chapters, it makes me so happy, so thank you!!

Anyways, have a great day/night!!)