⋆𝟶𝟷𝟷|ʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇs

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧, 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠."

·········

.・. .・゜✭・.・✫・゜・. .

Randall being at the farm had truly caused a huge stir up within the group. No one was settled, everyone was nervous and on edge. The group was divided once again, no one agreeing on what to do with the boy. Well, it was mostly Shane and Andrea who disagreed with everyone else.

Rick and Shane had left with the boy the day prior, they were planning to leave him at a school with some food. But, to everyone's surprise, the men returned with Randall still in their grasp. 

Sunny was extremely curious as to why and wanted to ask the two men, but they were both covered in cuts and bruises, it seemed as if they had a fight. She decided it wasn't her business, especially since Shane glared at her whilst he walked past, so asking seemed like a no-go.

Sunny sat cross-legged on the grass, her journal open beside her as she played hangman with Carl. He watched her intently, puzzled by the word she had chosen. The adults were busy with their usual tasks, leaving the two kids to their game in the quiet of the afternoon.

Sunny grinned as Carl scratched his head, trying to figure out the word. "Come on, Carl. It's a fun one!" she said, her eyes twinkling with mischief.

Carl squinted at the blank spaces on the page, his brow furrowed. "I don't know... It's not even a real word, is it?"

Sunny shook her head, stifling a giggle. "It's totally real. It's 'borborygmus.'"

Carl stared blankly, clearly baffled. "Uh... What's that?"

Sunny couldn't help but laugh. "It's the sound your stomach makes when you're hungry or have gas. It's a fancy word for it."

Carl's eyes widened. "Seriously? That's a word?"

Sunny nodded, still laughing. "I learned it from my dictionary."

Carl shook his head, chuckling. "I still don't get how you find all these strange words."

Sunny shrugged with a playful smile. "Maybe I'm just a dictionary nerd. It's my superpower."

Carl laughed and shook his head in disbelief. "Well, your superpower's pretty cool, Sunny. But don't think I'm gonna let you win at hangman so easily, nerd."

As the two kids continued their game, Lori watched the two with a small, sad smile. She walked over to Rick who was sorting through the supplies.

"Hey, Rick," Lori said softly, her gaze still fixed on Carl and Sunny. "We need to make sure they get to be kids for a little while longer."