⋆𝟶𝟻𝟺|sᴀғᴇᴛʏ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭."

·········

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

After discovering the Anderson's weren't as happy as they seemed, Sunny made a point to come around more often. She didn't like the idea of leaving Sam alone with Pete, and she could tell Jessie was dealing with more than she let on. So, whenever she could, Sunny found herself in their kitchen, chatting with Jessie or sitting with Sam on the porch.

Another day had passed, and Sunny sat at the kitchen table, her eyes following Jessie as she moved about the room. Something felt off. Jessie was trying her best to appear cheerful, but Sunny could see right through it. There was a tightness in her smile, a tension in her movements, like she was holding back more than just frustration.

"I bet you're missing Daryl, huh?" Jessie finally said, forcing a smile as she handed Sunny a glass of lemonade.

Sunny nodded, her fingers tracing the rim of the glass as she glanced up. "Yeah, a lot. But, I know he'll be back, so it's okay," she replied, though the familiar ache in her chest told her how much she truly missed him. Jessie nodded, but the way she quickly averted her gaze made Sunny even more sure that something was wrong.

For a few moments, the only sound was the clinking of dishes as Jessie cleaned up the kitchen, her back turned to Sunny. The girl watched her quietly, noticing how Jessie's shoulders seemed to sag a little more with every movement.

"Are you okay?" Sunny finally asked, her voice gentle but curious.

Jessie paused for just a second, but it was enough for Sunny to catch it. The woman turned around with that same forced smile, though her eyes betrayed her. "Oh yeah, honey. I'm fine," Jessie said quickly, but Sunny wasn't convinced. She could hear the tremor in her voice, the way it wavered just slightly.

Sunny tilted her head, her brows furrowing. "You sure? 'Cause... you don't seem fine," she pressed softly, her tone more careful now. She didn't want to push too hard, but she couldn't just sit there pretending everything was okay when it clearly wasn't.

Jessie sighed, her hands gripping the edge of the counter for a moment before she shook her head. Just as Jessie seemed ready to answer Sunny, the front door swung open, and Rick stormed in with an intensity that instantly shifted the room's mood. Jessie's expression tightened, and she quickly moved toward him, shaking her head. "What are you doing here?" she asked, her voice cracking.

Rick's face was etched with emotion, his eyes wide and filled with something Sunny couldn't quite read. "You know... Sam asked for a gun. To protect you," he said, his voice thick with frustration and urgency.