⋆𝟶𝟺𝟻|ɢʀᴀᴅʏ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴀʟ

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

"𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮."

·········

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"I... I knew you were comin' back, but that stupid voice in the back of my head kept sayin' you'd left me," Sunny admitted quietly, lying on her back as she stared at the ceiling. The dim light from the few candles flickered across the room, casting shadows on the worn walls. The night outside was still, but her mind wasn't.

Daryl sat beside her on the floor, his back against the pew. He let out a low sigh, rubbing a hand across his face. "I'd never do that, Sun. You know I wouldn't."

Sunny stayed silent for a moment, her eyes fixed on the dark wooden beams above. "Yeah, but it felt like it. Everyone's leavin', Daryl. First you 'n Carol, then Glenn and Maggie..." Her voice trailed off as she tightened her grip on the blanket. "I guess I just thought... maybe ya would be gone for good too."

Daryl shifted slightly, resting his elbows on his knees as he looked over at her. "I ain't goin' anywhere, not without you. Never was."

She glanced at him, the tension easing just a little from her shoulders. "I know. It's just hard sometimes. Feels like you're all I've got left." Her voice cracked, betraying the tough front she was trying to keep up.

He looked down, his expression softened in the dim light. "You got more than just me, Sunny. Rick, Carl, Michonne... they're here for ya too. We're all family."

She bit her lip, feeling the truth in his words but still battling the doubts in her mind. "I know, but it's different with you. You get me in a way no one else does. It's weird."

Daryl's gaze flickered, and for a moment, he was quiet. The weight of her words hung in the air, and he wasn't sure what to say. He hadn't planned on being that for anyone, but somewhere along the line, Sunny had become one of the most important people to him,

"Didn't mean to scare you," he finally said, his voice low. "But I had to go. Beth's still out there, 'n now we're gonna get her back."

Sunny nodded slowly. "I get it. I just— I thought I'd never see you again."

Daryl's eyes softened, his usual gruff exterior cracking. "I'm here now. And I'm not leavin' you, not for good."

She managed a small smile, though the fear still lingered in her chest. "Promise?"

"Yeah. I promise."

"I still think you're an asshole for leavin' without telling me," Sunny murmured. Daryl snorted, nodding along with her words.