Chapter 2: Reveal

Putting the young boy down on the examination table, Vilgax observed Ben closely, inspecting him from head to toe.

Brown hair. He knew it wasn't uncommon among humans, but it was because the boy was human that Vilgax was suspicious. He had known a very special brown-haired human, around nine years ago. Said brunette had been around for a year, until Plumbers came in and took him away. One of their biggest mistakes that the warlord promised himself to punish them for.

The human he had seen was a mere infant, a young child full of energy that ignored everything about the world outside of his crib. Yet Vilgax had envisioned that this child would someday be a force to be reckoned with, especially if the warlord was the one raising him into that state of power.

Of course, the Omnitrix bearer could've been anyone, Vilgax wouldn't have cared as long as he had taken the device into his possession. It wasn't until he saw the boy's eyes that he realized something was off.

He had seen those eyes before. A very bright green, one that belonged to a person he loved. A person that he would've given everything for. A person that he protected with his life. A person he failed. A person that died soon before his promises to keep the child safe were rendered null. He clenched his fists, his anger resurfacing.

Now wasn't the time to get lost in his memories.

Tapping on a nearby command panel, he ordered one of his drones to bring him a syringe, as well as inputting the blood test sequence. He looked back at Ben. The boy was still sleeping peacefully, thanks to the chemical he had been sprayed with. Vilgax had that bottle made years ago as a youngster, when he was still reckless and foolish. It was just a harmless anesthetic, weak enough to put anybody with a low drug immunity to sleep painlessly for a few hours. He had kept it in this old armor, just to think of the past when life was still peaceful.

He had expected the Omnitrix bearer to be much more durable, much older and less... familiar. But if it all worked out, Ben would be with him, on Vilgaxia, away from this miserable planet holding him back. It was ironic that he, of all people on Earth, had found the Omnitrix. The person Vilgax was looking for had the item he got injured searching for. From what the short time he spent on Earth before told him, humans would describe completing this mission as "killing two birds with one stone".

He took the syringe, bringing it to Ben's arm. Carefully, he extracted a sample of the boy's blood, making sure he didn't injure Ben in the process. He gave the syringe to his drone and looked at it going away, going towards the ship's labs to start the DNA test. He hummed, taking Ben's hand into his own, observing the Omnitrix.

That device was the strongest weapon in existence, it could possibly destroy the entire universe. Or help conquering it. He had interrupted his current conquests to obtain it, as a means to use it for himself before anyone else took the initiative to face him with it. Having the Omnitrix in his possession would make him even more unstoppable, powerful, to be feared. It would grant him abilities from all across the universe, possibly even the power to reshape it.

And a longer life than the one he had now would erase the shame in the origins he now kept hidden.

..............................................................................................................................

As they neared the base, Max was trying to remember how the situation got this critical. Ben found the Omnitrix at the beginning of summer, and now he found Vilgax. He knew it was just a matter of time before Ben ever heard of the Plumber operation, but he never planned to be the one telling Ben about it. He would've expected Carl and Sandra to do it instead, and wait a few years when Ben would be old enough, but now was the worst time ever.