Chapter 26: A Fresh Start For Lone Kids

The sky was covered in a turquoise hue fading off in the distance, it gave him the feeling of being constantly under water. In the past, maybe he would've thought about drowning or felt at the very least uncomfortable, but he now felt more like it was a sign he was safe, where he was meant to be.

After first arriving, servants took his luggage out to his room, his... old room. Knowing he would've grown up there, slept there and simply lived in there was so weird, but just like getting the Omnitrix, he'd get used to it eventually. Though he doubted having servants around at all times would make it easier any time soon...

Upon entering the castle, he was greeted by some weird fish guy named Psyphon, who was quick to call him "Prince Benjamin". Closest he could get him to stop after two weeks was "Prince Ben", and even then, Ben was still on the fence about the way they were all respecting him to a ridiculous degree. Maybe it'd be normal for his dad, but Ben usually needed to show people around that he needed respect, and have it given to him right off the bat was... so weird.

Vilgax wasn't wrong, Ben was welcomed by all their people pretty well. For some reason, having a human prince wasn't so much of a problem, but at the same time, he guessed his dad would've ordered everyone on the planet to find him nine years ago, they would be all well aware of what he was. Of what he is.

He never thought about eating sea food only before, but he had to admit the cooking at the castle was a hundred times better than what Ma- than what he used to eat on Earth. Back in Bellwood, he'd starve himself until tomorrow's breakfast if he saw his mo- Sandra-

He frowned, staring at the ceiling while laying on the king-sized bed. He'd been there for a few days, reluctant to ever step out of his room if it wasn't to eat. It was furnished with more things than he could imagine was possible to have for a 10 years old: a climbing wall, a skateboard ramp (did he even bring a skateboard along? He did have his hoverboard though), his own bathroom, some kind of weird sci-fi blobby computer (of which he still understood none of the letters), closets big enough to hide a car in those...

One would wonder if Ben's room wasn't an entire playground instead. Then again, his dad did spend a good portion of his life not having him around, all that time missing him must've pushed him to make up for it, even if he had a very original way of doing it. Ben wasn't complaining, even if he wasn't used to these kinds of gifts. Now that he left his room on Earth, he still had to unpack some of his stuff.

In the meantime, he had traded the cargo pants for light grey and white pants instead, matching his shirt, as well as replacing his shoes with black sandals (he still wore his socks underneath, something the maids wanted to comment on but cut themselves short the first time they saw him).

The servants took the liberty of getting his clothes out, but they seemingly had no idea what some of the items he brought were (in what galaxy is a yo-yo anything like a flail?). His room would become a mess if they let him be, but for some reason, it made Ben feel uncomfortable that people were cleaning up after him, he wasn't one to really value privacy at home. There were no secrets between-

There were. There were secrets and they never told him about it. He was never told about being a Vilgaxian and he couldn't trust anyone with something that personal anymore.

..............................................................................................................................

"Gwen! Wait!"

"I don't care!"

She ran off in the night, tears coming out of her tired green eyes as she ignored the calls of her family.

Two weeks, two weeks since they've failed. Two weeks since Ben was gone and she was worried sick about him. Two weeks during which she spent countless nights looking for a spell to bring him back, two weeks during which she had begged Max to get Azmuth ASAP. She barely ate, barely paid any attention in class, barely thought about anything else in the time her cousin was gone.