Chapter 24: Destroy All Humans

The spaceship propelled itself out of the solar system, away from human eyes and any unwanted attention. It was a question of time until this specific trip happened, and it did.

Vilgax the Conqueror was preparing himself to return home. Albeit this was not the first and definitely not last time, something was different. At his side, watching him and observing him work, a young human was standing. Nobody could've guessed they were related at first glance, someone would have to ask or observe their behaviors from up close.

The boy hadn't said a word ever since they left, instead keeping the same scrunched expression of anger all throughout the trip. He wished to never see that darned blue planet ever again, not like it seemed like it ever needed him. Regardless of how long he's been there, how much effort he put into protecting the place, no one gave him enough respect.

What did he ever do to deserve being lied to until the end? What slight could he have committed to end up surrounded in a such a bunch of hypocrites? He should've known not to have hopes in Max, he couldn't believe it took him this long to realize Vilgax was right. What could he possibly get out of staying on Earth and feeling miserable for so long?

Talk about a total waste of time, both his and his father's.

No one would bother coming after him now. Vilgax was dead as far as everyone knew, and Ben would be too, soon. Not like he felt he had a life in there anyway, other people were waiting for him elsewhere. If he had to quit being human and leave everything behind, so be it. No one but his father gave him any respect, he was a fool to think otherwise.

As for Vilgax, he was mostly concerned on how Ben would take the departure. Once he'd leave, there would be no going back. Ben would live with him, something he wished for so long, but who knew what had Max made him go through as of lately?

He hadn't heard a word from Ben ever since they last met before going to Xenon. The night before as well, Ben hadn't talked much. He and his guards were already waiting for him, carrying Ben's belongings into the Chimerian Hammer. Ben barely said "I'm coming", and stayed silent during the beginning of their trip. Vilgax wasn't sure he even slept at all.

It was obvious this wouldn't be easy for him when all his life was previously on Earth, Ben wouldn't be able to shrug it off this soon. He proved his strength more than once before, but there were things, like attachment and memories, that couldn't be solved through brute force, strategy or training, Ben needed someone to talk to.

The adult Chimeran turned around to face the child, who looked up to him with worn-out eyes. That was a look he felt he'd never get used to, and genuinely wished he'd never have to. All he could hope was that Ben's pain would be over soon.

"So," he started, "this may be a foolish question to you but, how do you feel, Ben?"

The boy was a bit surprised by the question, probably not realizing he wasn't exactly in a good shape. He thought a bit before answering.

"I... don't know." he paused, looking away for a few seconds. "I guess... I'm just, feeling a bit dizzy with everything that happened lately. The Omnitrix, the Forever Knights, Zs'Skayr... This summer wasn't exactly a vacation if you ask me, I mostly got work done."

"There's no such criminals on Vilgaxia, you'll have all the time in the world to forget about those awful situations you've been through."

"I know, it's just that..." Ben clenched his fists. "It's... really annoying how much it took out of me. Half the time, it was just so hard getting there without your help. It's taken so long, Dad, I... I just..."

He was interrupted as he felt the king's hands on his back, patting him. He didn't say a word, and before he knew it, he broke down crying in Vilgax's arms.