Chapter 18: The Forever Alliance

The Omnitrix beeped before there was a flash of red, and Ben was back to himself. Another night, another victory.

He just stopped a pair of robbers, as Stinkfly, from getting away with a big amount of jewels. Some part of him wanted to test out his other aliens, the ones he unlocked without Max and Gwen knowing, but he felt like going with the classics worked while he was still with them.

Beside him stood his guards, who had sabotaged the helicopters from afar, avoiding detection. Ben was tempted to ask them to join their team at that rate, they've helped him with the hero stuff a lot.

More than Max did at least.

"This is almost getting too easy." he cockily declared while watching the thugs get caught like rats. "Is there a villain out there that can give me a challenge?"

His pride and arrogance as he stood on the building, towering over the rest of the town, could remind some of the legendary warlord from outer space who was meant to raise him. Ben was getting used to this kind of power and attitude, he loved the feeling this boundless confidence gave him.

He knew the end of summer was getting near, he would have to make a choice soon.

Ben felt Max already used up all of his chances, he gave him the rest of the summer weeks they'll have together to fess up. And Ben was also expecting an answer from Carl and Sandra.

These guys pretended to be his parents. And while they did act like it... why didn't they tell him sooner he was adopted? This wasn't a matter of being related to them or not, but what bothered Ben is that if they cared, they should've spoken up.

He spent his entire childhood following their rules, trying to understand their morals without becoming like Gwen and acting like a people pleaser. He could not stand the fact they lied for so long after the way they raised him, this was going against their own word.

Would they like it if Ben hid the Omnitrix from them? If Ben suddenly gave away all of the Plumbers' secrets to the rest of the Tennyson family who wasn't in the know? It'd be worth a try, too bad it didn't look like they were going near any Plumber base sooner.

And it didn't look like he, Sixsix or Kraab noticed the robotic figure looking at them from above.

On a nearby rooftop, an armored red robot, with the Forever Knight logo on its right shoulder pad, was spying on them, its singular eye focusing on Ben. It had to annihilate the child soon, for its purpose was to protect its liege and get rid of any annoyance.

And with the plans Driscoll had in mind for the impostor human, it would soon be allowed to kill the child.

..............................................................................................................................

"Hi, guys." said Max, opening the RV's door to let the young boy in. "This is Cooper, the grandson of an old Plumber buddy of mine. And a-"

"Doofus! Give me it! You're wasting time!"

Max and Cooper turned to see Gwen, trying to take the phone from Ben's hand, who was already putting his ear close to it.

"You snooze, you lose." said Ben, smirking as the radio spoke up.

"Okay, it's time to pick the winning caller! To the premiere of Space Pirates 4: The Revenge of Lor, and, meet the cast at a special VIP party, after the movie."

Ben immediately dialed the number, with Gwen looking intently. Cooper sent Max a confused look, to which Max rolled his eyes. Nothing had changed while he went to grab Cooper from summer camp.