Chapter 6 - Mandy's Perspective

Everyone had already gone home except for Mandy, who remained asleep in the candy shop. Berry, who knew she was sleeping, took this as an opportunity to question her about everything happening on her side of the story. He was worried for her.

He leaned down and shook her by the shoulder.

"Mandy?"

Slowly, her eyes fluttered open.

"Is it closing time?"

"Yeah, but... are you okay? I mean, are both you and Chester okay?"

Mandy sighed at the mention of him.

"No... I messed up big time."

"What happened?"

She took a deep breath before starting to explain herself.

"Chester pulled a big prank on me. Like, a very big one. He didn't know it would cause me to shed a few tears, but no matter how much he apologized... I didn't care. I brushed him off, including weapons, which turned into a big fight. I burned him with my candy and made a mess in the storage room, but instead of helping him, I started cleaning the storage room up. Gosh, I can't imagine what he must have felt... betrayal. I'm a bad friend, Berry. Even if we were never friends, we were destined to be enemies, but I didn't think it would go that far."

Berry listened; every word to him mattered like no other. He felt bad for Mandy, and since he was also a good comforter— at least, that's what people tell him— he started reassuring her.

"I'm so sorry that happened. He shouldn't have done that, especially since he doesn't understand the other person's feelings." He put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

Mandy smiled, grateful.

"I honestly feel terrible. I'm a horrible person." Her smile formed a frown once more, putting her knees up, wrapping her arms around her legs, and resting her head on top. Berry shook his head.

"You're not. Don't say that. You both messed up just a little... It'll all be resolved. If you want to discuss this with me further, don't hesitate to call me or anything... Just head home for now."

Berry got up and left the candy shop.

"I won't. Thank you." Mandy muttered to herself before closing off the shop and heading home.