Chapter 26

"I'm so glad she is awake "-I hear a voice it seems like it's far away but it's right next to me.
"She hasn't opened her eyes yet??"-another voice asks after they have closed the door.
"No she hasn't but the doctor said she will wake up soon,she is just tired "-the first voice says again.
"She will be fine mom,she is strong just like you and I'm sure she cheated death just like dad "-the second voice says and they all chuckle.

I try making out the voices but I can't figure them out.I feel drowsy again.

**************

I open my eyes and scan the room and I'm still at the hospital.I press the button and after a minute the nurse walks in.
"Mrs.Bhengu you awake"-the nurse says with a warm smile on her face.
"Mhmm"I hum slowly.
"I will get the doctor to come and check on you"-she says before leaving the ward.My head hurts like I have a hangover.Gosh I hate hospitals, I touch my stomach to feel my babies.

Sthembiso stressed me,I thought my babies are gone but now when I touch my stomach it's still the same.I rub my hand softly and one kicks followed by the others.I laugh as they keep playing soccer inside me.The door while I'm cupped up in my little moment with my babies.
"Baby"-I hear Sthembiso's voice,I look to see him standing by the door.I open my arms for him,he throws himself in them with tears flowing down his face.
"I thought I lost you mkami"he says softly.
"I would never leave you alone standwa sami"-I say hugging him tightly.

"Feel here they playing soccer inside me "-I say placing his hand on my stomach.They kick harder as they feel their father's touch.He smiles softly with tears streaming down.I wipe his tears and kiss him gently.The door opens and everyone enters throwing me with hugs and kisses.The women are so emotional.
"Hayi wena ungu die hard,a bullet to the spine and you still alive"-Siyabonga says making everyone and myself laugh.
"Siyabonga this isn't the time for your craziness"-Siyamthanda.
"Hau bafo everyone loves my craziness,I'm sure Sibongile missed me"-he says.
"Not now boys"-my mother in law says.
"How are you feeling baby??"-she asks me.
"I'm fine ma just tired and I want to go home"-I say.
"We brought you food,I know how hospital food tastes like"-Nomonde says handing me a paper bag with food in it,when I say food I mean a lot of food.

"Thank you ma"-I say with a smile.
"So what really caused the attack??"-I ask as I munch on my sandwich.
"You should eat then rest"-Sthembiso says,everyone is avoiding eye contact with me.
"What's going on??"-I ask.
"So no one will answer me??"-I ask getting irritated.
"It's not like that princess,it's just that we don't want you getting stressed you haven't fully healed yet and stress isn't good for pregnant women "-Nomonde's husband says,I can see love and worry in his eyes.
"Yeah so don't worry we will sort it out"-Sthembiso says.

They all leave after they have gave me hugs,Nomonde's hugs were so warm and I felt like home.
"Get some rest and don't think too much about it okay my love"-Sthembiso says.He kisses me before leaving.I wonder what is it that they hiding.

********

Sthembiso Bhengu

I'm happy she is awake but I am afraid of telling her the truth.That she is carrying two dead bodies inside her  or that the person behind this was my one night stand that has an obsession over me now.I don't know how she will take these news and I can't let her go under so much stress.

"When will we tell her the truth??"-Alessandro.
"I don't know but I'm afraid she might lose the other babies,you heard what Khumalo said.We can't let her under so much stress"-I say.
"So then we tell her when she has given birth,the only thing you gonna tell is that your one night stand is behind this"-Siyamthanda.
"What if she gets more angry when we tell her after she has given birth??"-Alessio.
"Well we will tell her we didn't want her going under so much stress"-Francesco.
"And we can't risk anything happening to her or the remaining babies"-Mattia.
"We have to find Asanda and Amahle very soon before they pay her a visit by the hospital when they find out she didn't die"-Bhekumbuso.
"I will arrange some of our men to stand on guard by her door"-Bonginkosi.

Fuck I hate myself for this.