29. My Cup Runneth Over

third person pov.

Jisoo was walking through the park, enjoying the nice weather. It was unseasonably cool outside. She looked around until she saw the park bench she was looking for. It was Friday afternoon and the park was more than a little crowded. Jennie confided in Jisoo about what Cameron did to Lisa. She promised Lisa she wouldn't retaliate, but it was really weighing heavy on her heart. She thought talking to Jisoo would help her feel a little relieved. It did help some. Jisoo didn't take the news so well. Jisoo liked Lisa, and Jennie cared deeply for her. So messing with Lisa was like messing with Jennie. Jisoo couldn't have that. Not on her watch.

She sat down on the bench and made herself comfortable. "They grow up so fast. Take your eyes off of them for one second, and your little baby is gone," she said to the woman beside her. Cameron turned her head from watching Abigail playing on the swing set. She didn't know Jisoo's name but recognized her as the one always following Jennie around.

"Can I help you?" Cameron asked. She didn't appreciate Jisoo's company, especially around her daughter.

"No, but you can help yourself," Jisoo said smoothly.

"Excuse me?" Cameron swallowed the anxiousness stampeding through her chest. Jisoo sat up and leaned just a little closer so she could lower her voice.

"Lisa? Leave her alone. I know about you and your little temper tantrums. I don't like it."

Cameron's facial features became pinched with anger and slight embarrassment. "Whatever Lisa and I have going on is none of you or Jennie's business. Did she send you over here to scare me or something?"

"Nah." Jisoo shook her head. "But you upset her, and now I'm upset. Jennie's just a lot nicer than me. So you're going to stay away from both of them and keep this conversation to yourself."

Cameron shrugged. "And if I don't?" she asked. Cameron was a cop. None of them would be stupid enough to do anything to her.

Jisoo snickered. She looked across the park to Tony, who was kneeling next to Abigail, showing her a magic trick. Cameron looked back at the swing set but didn't see her daughter. She started to panic. She stood up and yelled, "Abi!" The little girl turned around and skipped towards her mom. Jisoo shook her head at Tony. Much to his relief, Tony didn't mind the other things Jisoo asked of him, but he was uncomfortable with bothering kids. Jisoo told him they wouldn't hurt her, but he still didn't like it.

Cameron picked her daughter up when she got to her. "I've told you before not to speak to strangers," Cameron said. Abigail smiled at Jisoo.

"They're not strangers, mama. Mr. Tony brings our school snacks sometimes, and Miss. Jisoo helps him."

"That's right, Abigail. How did you like those ants on a log?" Jisoo asked, smiling back at her.

"They were really good," Abigail said. She liked the raisins the most, and the celery tasted so much better with peanut butter than it did alone.

"Good. I'll see you next week in the cafeteria, right?" Jisoo asked. Abigail nodded excitedly. She liked the things Jisoo and Tony brought to her school. The snacks were always new and exciting. Things she didn't normally eat.

"Bye, Cameron. I hope I was clear," Jisoo said. She smiled at Abigail again before waving Tony over so they could leave. Cameron held her daughter close to her as she watched them walk away. Her heart was in her belly.

Lisa hadn't really been herself since the incident with Cameron. She didn't feel as confident or secure in herself or her abilities. She didn't understand why this had gotten so far under her skin. It was a small isolated incident. Lisa had left practically unscathed. Cameron had called a few times since then, but she stopped when Lisa didn't answer any of them. Lisa was just glad the week was over. Now she was at Jennie's, being taken care of and loved on properly.